SUBSTITUTING IN FORT BEND ISD
Substitutes play an important role in Fort Bend ISD’s ongoing efforts to provide an educational system that allows all students to reach their full potential, delivering quality instruction to students and promoting student-centered learning environments during the absence of their teachers. We appreciate your interest in joining our team!
OUR SUBSTITUTE SELECTION PROCESS
ANNOUNCEMENT: We are now accepting substitute applications for the 2022-23 school year. Please review this information about requirements and compensation and then submit your online application for "Teacher Substitute - 220000IV."
We have outlined the application and selection process below:
- Complete an Application Online and include phone numbers and email addresses for two (2) supervisory references. Your references must be individuals who have supervised or managed your your work in past positions.
- Upload your Official Transcripts OR Valid Texas Teacher Certification(s)
- Check your email for your 'Application Received' Confirmation Email
Please note that all candidates must upload official transcripts or valid certifications. Submitting incomplete applications will delay the screening process.
Note: If you are currently employed in a full-time position with Fort Bend ISD and wish to transition to a substitute position, please submit an online application for the substitute position and then contact Susan Flessner at Susan.Flessner@fortbendisd.com. Additional information for current employees.
- Monitor your email for Communications from the Substitute office, as staff will contact you directly to schedule an interview.
- You will be contacted by Human Resources should you be required to complete fingerprints. Read our fingerprinting FAQ for more information.
- Receive your Initial Job Offer Phone Call
- Complete your New Hire Tasks Online
- Accept and Submit your Official Offer
- Recieve your Employee ID Badge and Attend your New Substitute Orientation. Orientation sessions are held once a month and additional dates are scheduled as needed.
Additional Incentives for Hard to Fill Positions
Special Education Severe Assignments - $15/day
Specified Campuses - $10/day
Current FBISD Substitutes
Last Name A-M
Last Name N-Z
Substitute Payroll Contact
HR Online Service Center