SUBSTITUTING IN FORT BEND ISD
Substitutes play an important role in Fort Bend ISD’s ongoing efforts to provide an educational system that allows all students to reach their full potential, delivering quality instruction to students and promoting student-centered learning environments during the absence of their teachers. We appreciate your interest in joining our team!
OUR SUBSTITUTE SELECTION PROCESS
We have outlined the application, selection and hiring process below:
- The minimum requirement for subbing with Fort Bend ISD is 60+ earned college hours.
- During the 2023-2024 school year you are required to work 2 times per month or 10 times per semester.
- Complete an Application Online and include phone numbers and email addresses for two (2) supervisory references. Your references must be individuals who have supervised or managed your work in past positions.
- Upload your Official Transcripts OR Valid Texas Teacher Certification(s)
- Check your email for your 'Application Received' Confirmation Email
Please click here to apply for the Substitute Position
- If you are missing any of the above information from your application, you will receive an email informing you of what needs to be updated. You will be required to respond to the email to inform us you have updated the information.
- Please note: the screening process will be delayed if your application is incomplete.
Applications are screened on a weekly basis. For example, if you applied on August 9th, your application will be screened the week of August 14th.
Candidates are required to interview for the Substitute position. (If you are a FBISD retiree who has retired within the past three years, the interview process is waived). Interviews are held at the beginning of every month.
- Once your application is deemed complete, you will receive a “save the date” email for a virtual interview date.
- A week prior to the virtual interview date, you will receive further email communication.
- After the interview, you will receive email communication indicating whether or not you have been recommended for hire.
- Your background history will be checked; if you need to be fingerprinted, you will receive an email with further instructions.
- You will receive an email outlining your next steps when the hiring process begins.
New Substitute Orientation (NSO)/Onboarding
- After you have completed the steps from the “next steps” email, your name will be added to our next available NSO/Onboarding dates.
- You will be contacted via email with your NSO/Onboarding date and information.
- During NSO/Onboarding, you will complete new hire forms and receive your substitute badge.
New Substitute Orientation (NSO)/Onboarding sessions are held once a month at the end of the month.
Note: We screen, interview, and hire large groups at a time; therefore, processing time does vary and can take a few weeks to complete.
Candidates can be expedited through the hiring process at the request of a campus, and only if the campus will potentially hire the candidate for a full-time position pending certification.