How to Volunteer
Fort Bend ISD welcomes and encourages parents and community members to volunteer with District and campus initiatives to share their time, talents and skills with our students.
Please complete the following steps to volunteer with the District.
- Complete a Volunteer Criminal History Application each school year (after July 1st).
- Contact your campus of choice to seek volunteer opportunities and / or Collaborative Communities for a specific volunteer project. You will be given a school tour and informed of basic school procedures (e.g., sign-in, schedules, parking and emergency procedures) by a Volunteers in Public Schools (VIPS) Campus Coordinator or designated staff.
- Report Volunteer Hours
- Review Sign-Up Genius link for volunteer opportunities and projects.
- *Remember: Please complete a Volunteer Criminal History Application each school year after July 1st.
Volunteer hours are important because they can:
- Provide a snapshot of what is being accomplished on a campus and for the District.
- Help frame the story of how volunteer hours and time impact students and propel them for academic success.
- Provide summative data for campuses and the overall campus evaluation.
- Capture an accurate reflection for the District and assist with grants and federally funded programs.
We appreciate your interest in the volunteering with the District. If you have additional questions, ask your school principal, VIPS Campus Coordinator or contact Collaborative Communities.