FORT BEND ISD IS CURRENTLY SCHEDULED TO HOST THE 2021-22 SAT Exams
Testers should continue to check this webpage up until the day of the scheduled exam for updates and information regarding the Saturday SAT Exam as well as email communication from College Board. Please contact College Board with all questions regarding SAT exam confirmation and test site location at 866-756-7346.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR INDIVIDUALS TESTING AT FBISD SITES:
- Students should begin arriving at 7:00 am on the day of the SAT and come with their own writing utensils and calculator.
- Health stations assigned by last name will be set up around the outside of the test site.
- Students must have checked into the designated health station by 7:45 am in order to be provided a health screening for admission into the testing site.
- Students must pass a COVID questionnaire and temperature check (less than 100°F) in order to be admitted into the test site.
- Upon arrival, students must be wearing a mask at all times. Masks must always be fully covering the nose and mouth. Students will be required to briefly remove the mask to confirm identification prior to test administration.
- For safety purposes, only testers will be allowed at the check-in area. All parents or those accompanying testers must remain in their vehicles.
- Students will only be allowed to leave the testing room to use the restroom. Students will remain in their classroom during their assigned breaks and are encouraged to bring snacks that can be eaten in the classroom during the designated time.
- Students must maintain 6ft social distancing both inside and outside of the testing site.
- Students are expected to adhere to all College Board Instructions regarding SAT exam day.
Some of our test sites have provided additional testing instructions and information which are linked below:
Ridge Point HS
PSAT and SAT
Free SAT Practice AvailableIn order to help students prepare for the SAT, an online resource is offering individualized tutorials free of charge.
Beginning June 2015, Official SAT Practice is available through a partnership with The College Board, which administers the SAT, and Khan Academy, a leader in online education. By logging on to www.satpractice.org, students are able to access personalized practice recommendations that are tailored to their own strengths, weaknesses, and progress. Students can also find full-length practice tests from the College Board and thousands of practice questions that were written in collaboration with the same developers who are creating the redesigned SAT. Official SAT Practice can be accessed from any computer with Internet access.
Khan Academy is also a great resource to prepare for the PSAT/NMSQT, which all FBISD students in grades 8-11 will take on October 13, 2021. The PSAT/NMSQT provides high-scoring juniors National Merit and other scholarship opportunities.Any students interested in the free online preparation should log on to their Naviance account to find more information about Khan Academy. Contact your campus if you need help logging into College Board.
Services for Students with Disabilities
Some students with documented disabilities are eligible for accommodations on College Board exams. Students cannot take the SAT, SAT Subject Tests, PSAT/NMSQT, PSAT 10, or AP Exams with accommodations unless their request for accommodations has been approved by the College Board Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD). School accommodations are not College Board Accommodations and students do not qualify automatically. Use of testing accommodations without College Board approval results in cancellation of scores.Can my student receive accommodations for the PSAT 8/9?
Since the purpose of the PSAT 8/9 is to receive baseline information on college and career readiness, students are encouraged to try the test without accommodations. Accommodations for the PSAT/NMSQT that students take in 11th grade for National Merit Scholarship must be approved by College Board. There is no guarantee that the accommodations your student utilizes now for PSAT 8/9 will be approved for the PSAT/NMSQT. However, if your student currently receives testing accommodations you would like to request for the PSAT 8/9, please contact your Campus Assessment Coordinator or counselor. Large print, braille, extended time and small group are eligible accommodations for the PSAT 8/9.
For more information about how to apply for accommodations visit Students with disabilities
ResourcesFree personalized practice for PSAT and SAT.For more information about how to link your Khan Academy account with your College Board account, click the link below:
SAT Test Dates
August 28, 2021
October 2, 2021
November 6, 2021
December 4, 2021
March 3, 2022 (SAT School Day-11th grade ONLY)
March 12, 2022
May 7, 2022
June 4, 2022
PSAT Test Date:The PSAT exam will be administered to all students in grades 8 through 11.
During the 2021 fall semester students in grades 8-11 will take the following exams, based on their grade level:
- Current 8th and 9th grade students will take the PSAT 8/9 on October 13, 2021.
- Current 10th and 11th grade students will take the Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT®) on October 13, 2021.
Due to ordering deadlines, home school students must register with their home campus by September 14, 2021.