The Department of Accountability and Assessment will provide leadership to all aspects of the state and federal accountability systems, assessment practices, campus improvement plan development, and district improvement plan development for the purpose of measuring student progress that leads to instructional improvements.
The Accountability and Assessment Department provides the following supports:
- Facilitate the dissemination and analysis of state and federal accountability reports;
- Oversee all aspects of the Texas Performance Based Monitoring and Accountability System data and reporting;
- Develop and lead the processes and procedures for the use of data to drive the development of District and Campus Improvement Plans;
- Facilitate the planning processes for school improvement activities in accordance with federal and state guidelines;
- Oversee the planning and implementation of state and local assessment program to comply with state and local policies and procedures related assessment.