Who are we looking for?
We seek highly- dedicated professionals to deliver quality engaging instruction that will spark our students’ imagination, retain their interest and promote a student-centered environment.
Why should I become a substitute?
- Create a life-long love for learning in a student’s educational experience
- We often hire substitutes for full-time positions who have displayed excellence in job performance and follow ethical practices.
- Flexibility to schedule your own working days and locations
- Exposure to various grade levels and campuses within Fort Bend ISD
What to expect during the selection, screening and hiring process?
Screening of Application
- Preliminary Background Check
- Initial Screening Interviews
- Fingerprints (FAQ)
- Complete New Hire “Smart Forms”
Please understand that with the high volume of interest not all applicants will be contacted to participate in an initial screening interview. Additionally, not all applicants will be invited to participate in the final four- hour mandatory orientation. Substitute teacher interviews and orientations are generally held once a month from September through March.
Prior to being invited to the mandatory orientation you will be asked to complete state fingerprinting requirements and clear a criminal background check. We will provide you with the information needed to schedule and pay for your fingerprint appointment. Completion of the fingerprinting process will not guarantee employment.
Are there other mandatory trainings I have to complete?
All substitutes will be required to complete the following Annual Staff Trainings. You will have 45 days from the first day of school or employment date to complete these trainings in order to continue as an active employee in the system.
- Universal Precautions
- Emergency Management
- Child Abuse Reporting
- Bullying and the Law
- Former FBISD teachers are required to interview and attend a Substitute Orientation.
- Substitute Teachers are not eligible for employee wage and health benefits.
- Substitute Teachers are not eligible for unemployment compensation during school holidays and/or breaks including summer breaks.
Substitute Pay Rate Information
Want to join our professional team?
Individuals who wish to join our organization must complete and upload the following to be considered:
- Teaching certificate (preferred)
- A college degree (preferred) or 60 credit hours from an accredited institution. Official transcripts must be uploaded
- Two references from current/previous supervisors submitted within the last year. Include valid email addresses
All Applicants Must:
- Complete or update an online substitute application
- Apply to the Teacher, Substitue Job Posting
- Upload a copy of official college transcripts reflecting at least 60 college hours
- Two supervisor professional references completed within the past year required. Must include their valid email addresses
- Teacher Insight completed. You will receive an email with the link after applying to the job posting
Substitute Office Contacts