The Department of Student Affairs is available to assist parents and students with questions and concerns pertaining to Fort Bend ISD. The Department has direct access to District administrators and works to address issues while allowing the appropriate staff to remain focused on student learning.
Fort Bend ISD students will graduate with the attributes of the District's Profile of a Graduate by receiving equitable achievement opportunities.
The Department of Student Affairs exists to address the needs of students, parents, and school personnel by serving as a liaison to foster policy-based, equitable solutions for all students and their families.
We assist with:
- Parent questions/concerns/complaints
- Student/Parent complaints based upon Policy FNG (Local)
- Student transfers
- Discretionary DAEP (District Alternative Education Placement) approvals
- Discretionary Expulsion approvals
- Expulsion Hearings and Decision-making
- Monitoring and presenting disciplinary student data
- Tracking of parent complaints and resolutions
- Policies and procedures related to students
- Truancy Diversion
- Compulsory Attendance Procedures