Credit by Exam
Students will test out of the following 2022-23 school year.
Precautions taken due to COVID-19:
Masks are highly encouraged.
Student temperature will be taken before they enter the building.
Parents will not be allowed in the building. Do not get out of the car
Drop off in the circular drive in front of the building.
Credit By Exam Information (No Prior Instruction)
Exam for Acceleration/Credit by Examination – No Prior Instruction (EA/CBE/NPI) provides course credit for students who are enrolled in Fort Bend Independent School District and have no prior formal instruction in the grade level or course.REGISTRATION FORMS ARE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE CAMPUS COUNSELOR DURING THE REGISTRATION WINDOW.
Registration Eligibility (Students must meet all eligibility requirements)
* Kindergarten Registration begins April 2022. Newly enrolled Kinder students can register for Session 3, by April 14, 2022. Students will also be allowed to register for Session 4 when the window opens in May 9, 2022. Please inquire about forms from the counselorafter you have registered.
- Student is enrolled in a Fort Bend ISD school. *
Elementary students must meet the state law age requirement—five years old by September 1st for Kindergarten, or six years old by September 1st for First Grade.
Registration form is completed indicating grade level/subject for testing.
School counselor must sign registration form to verify the student’s grade level and CBE eligibility.
All registration forms must be received by the school counselor by the registration deadline.
Kindergarten Score Requirements: Students must score a minimum of 80% on mathematics and the reading/language arts exams for advancement to first grade
Grades 1-5 Score Requirements: Students must score a minimum of 80% on each subject area of criterion-referenced tests that cover the essential knowledge and skills in reading/language arts, mathematics, social studies, and science for the grade level they wish to skip.
Middle School Test and Score Requirements: Middle School courses are awarded credit for the entire year. A student must earn a minimum score of 80 percent on the exam in a subject area to be awarded course credit. Scores of 80, or above will be recorded as the grade on the student’s academic achievement record and the student will receive regular/non-weighted course credit. Scores below 80 will not be recorded on the student’s permanent transcript.PHOTO ID IS REQUIRED FOR TESTING (Grades 6-12)
High School Tests and Score Requirements: Students wishing to earn credit for a high school course may test with the following exams:
- University of Texas Credit by Exam for Acceleration. Passing score 80 % or higher.
- College Board Advanced Placement exam. Passing score 3 or higher. Score conversion to grade on transcript is as follows:
- AP Score 3 = grade 85
- AP Score 4 = grade 90
- AP Score 5 = grade 95
- CLEP Exam. Passing score 60 or higher. Score conversion to grade on transcript is as follows:
- CLEP Score 60 = grade 85
- CLEP Score 70 = grade 90
- CLEP Score 80 = grade 95
- Credit for all courses earned with Credit By Exam, including AP and CLEP exams, will receive regular/non-weighted course credit.
- Credit by Exam is not NCAA approved.
- The district will not accept scores of testing completed outside of our district scheduled testing window without prior approval from the Department of Assessment.
- If the student meets the score requirements for a course, the scores must be recorded as the grade on the student’s transcript and regular/non-weighted course credit must be awarded to the student and calculated in the student’s GPA, whether the designation is With Prior Instruction (minimum standard: 70) or Without Prior Instruction (minimum standard: 80).
- The student is only allowed one attempt at a course exam.
- All sessions are to test out of the following school year.
- The student’s classification as “No Prior Instruction” or “With Prior Instruction” may not be changed once the test is administered.
- A 'No Show' is considered an attempt for a CBE score. Students who do not appear for their scheduled exam are not eligible to register for the same exam the same school year.
- Students can test multiple subjects in one session, they just cannot take multiple levels of the same subject in one session.
- World Languages can test out of multiple levels. The levels MUST be identified first.
- Only 8th grade and above can test out of world languages.
Fort Settlement Middle School
5440 Elkins Rd
Sugar Land, TX 77479All students must arrive at the testing site by 8:00 a.m.
There are no upcoming events to display.
Session 1 Administration
|Subject(s)||Test Date||Registration Dates|
|Social Studies or Science/ Spanish||December 4, 2021||October 25 - November 1, 2021 @ 2pm|
|Math, ELA, Electives or Languages other than Spanish||December 11, 2021||October 25 - November 1, 2021 @ 2pm|
Session 2 Administration
|Subject(s)||Test Date||Registration Dates|
|Social Studies or Science/ Spanish||February 5, 2022||January 6 - 13, 2022 @ 2pm|
|Math, ELA or Electives/Languages other than Spanish||February 26, 2022||January 6 - 13, 2022 @ 2pm|
Session 3 Administration
|Subject||Test Date||Registration Window|
|Social Studies or Spanish||April 2, 2022||February 22 - March 1, 2022 @ 2pm|
|Science or Languages other than Spanish||April 23, 2022||February 22 - March 1, 2022 @ 2pm|
|Math or Spanish||May 14, 2022||February 22 - March 1, 2022 @ 2pm|
|ELA or Languages other than Spanish||June 1, 2022||February 22 - March 1, 2022 @ 2pm|
Session 4 Administration
|Subject||Testing Date||Registration Window|
|Social Studies, or Spanish, Kinder Math||June 15, 2022||May 9 - 18, 2022 @ 2pm|
|Science or Languages other than Spanish||June 29, 2022||May 9 - 18, 2022 @ 2pm|
|Math or Spanish||July 13, 2022||May 9 - 18, 2022 @ 2pm|
|ELA or Electives, Languages other than Spanish||August 6, 2022||May 9 - 18, 2022 @ 2pm|