School Social Workers provide direct counseling and social work services to all Fort Bend Independent School District campuses. Social work services are oriented toward helping students make satisfactory school adjustments and to coordinate the efforts of home, school, and community to achieve this goal.
To inspire and enhance each child’s ability to meet his or her full potential.
Social Workers provide social support to meet the needs of the whole child.
Social Workers provide the following support…
- Consultation with families to evaluate and determine needs
- Provide direct services to students and families
- Coordinate services between students, families, and community agencies
- Provide crisis intervention services and referrals
- Provide interventions to increase student attendance and decrease truancy
- Facilitate identification and services for homeless/foster students and families
- Organize and facilitate individual and small group programs for children with at-risk behavior
- Facilitate the collaboration between the school, home, and community services to ensure educational success
- Develop parent/family training resources
- Informing and referring to community and campus resources
- Providing student advocacy
- Provide support to pregnant and parenting students
- Case management of homeless students
- Conducting transitional activities for students new to the country
- Collaborating between the school and immigrant families and their students.
- Encouraging and providing immigrant families with information regarding the American educational system.
Coordinator Mental Health/Social Work Services281-634-4430
Priti Avantsa is a Licensed Social Worker with over 20 years of experience in school social work. She started her career as a Community Youth Service Specialist with Harris County. She followed her passion for working with students in Spring ISD, Spring Branch ISD, and Fort Bend ISD where she has been for 18 years, She is currently the Coordinator of Mental Health and Social Work Services.
She oversees a team of 16 Licensed Social Workers, 6 Licensed Profession Counselors and Community Mental Health partners who provide mental health services to students in the district. She has spearheaded the development and roll out of the mental health program in FBISD in 2019.
Mrs. Avantsa has lived in FBISD for the last 24 years and has seen the district grow in all areas especially in addressing the mental health and social emotional needs of our students. She is the proud mom of two FBISD graduates who are now exemplifying the attributes of our Profile of a Graduate, as young, working adults.Lead Social Worker281-634-0798