School Health Advisory Council
FBISD SHAC Vision -The FBISD School Health Advisory Council (SHAC) was established by the Board of Trustees to assist the District in meeting its strategic objectives to provide healthy school environments for students, staff and community members and to teach and promote wellness through healthy lifestyles. The School Health Advisory Council acts in an advisory capacity to the Superintendent and Board of Trustees.
A School Health Advisory Council (SHAC) is a school board appointed advisory group of individuals who represent different segments of the community. By law, a majority of the members must be persons who are parents of students enrolled in the district and who are not employed by the district. The FBISD SHAC is made up of parents, community members and district employees working together to improve the health of all students and families through coordinated school health programs.
Wellness Policy -
The Fort Bend ISD wellness policy exists to develop a culture where students can reach their full potential in a climate that promotes students’ learning, leadership and well-being. Students shall be inspired and equipped with skills to make healthy life choices about nutrition, health, and physical activity during their years in Fort Bend ISD and throughout their lives.
Lori SartainCoordinator, Health & PE281-634-1132
Jan.-Feb. Sub-committee Meetings
- Socio-emotional/Student Support: January 23rd 12:00-2:00pm - FBISD Administration Building Room 315
- Physical Education & Health: January 24th 12:00-2:00pm - FBISD Annex Building Room Lab B
- Nutrition: February 5th 12:00-2:00pm - FBISD Child Nutrition Building - Child Nutrition Dept, 555 Julie Rivers Road, Sugar Land 77478
- Family and Community: January 26th 10:00-11:00am - FBISD Austin High School
- April 25th, 2018 - FBISD Administration Board Room
- May 23rd, 2018 - FBISD Administration Board Room
Meet Your SHAC
Become A SHAC Member
There are no upcoming events to display.