The Fort Bend Independent School District (FBISD) provides educational opportunities to all students. Included in those opportunities are special education services for students identified with specific learning needs. The Special Education Department strives to provide excellent customer service to the students and parents in FBISD.
FBISD Special Education Department Mission:
In support of the FBISD mission and vision, the Special Education Department strives to provide students, parents, teachers and administrators with programs and services that will promote student success and achievement.
As a department, we believe…
- That clear and consistent communication between school and home is essential to a successful experience for students.
- That students can achieve their own personal best.
- That students can become contributing members of society.
- That on-going professional development is essential to provide staff with necessary skills to meet the unique learning needs of students.
- That all students can learn.
Please help us spread the word! Fort Bend ISD is presenting a new and exciting educational program to help meet the needs of early childhood learners. The Early Intervention Academy, housed at the Early Literacy Center at the Ridgemont Early Childhood Center, will offer eligible three-year old children a full-day, extended year of learning opportunities to prepare them for success.
By attending the Early Intervention Academy, eligible students will have access to a blend of educational and therapy services offered through developmentally appropriate curriculum. The academy will also offer family-centered and wrap-around services to meet the individual needs of children. Upon completion of the program, students will have gained the skills necessary to integrate into an inclusive environment at their neighborhood elementary school.