Mission Bend's Boys and Girls Club
Collaborative team members. Compassionate citizens. Servant leaders. Our student leaders partner with the community, exhibiting the attributes of Fort Bend ISD's Profile of a Graduate.
What is Student Leadership?
- Developing the leadership potential in all students through character education, various leadership development experiences, and community service.
- Helping students know they are critical leaders in the culture and climate of their campuses and community, leading to graduates who are successful and productive citizens in their communities and professions.
Why is it important?
Learning is more practical and relevant when we involve students in direct experiences.
- building relationships/networking
- making decisions
- demonstrating trustworthiness and honesty
- developing competency
- generating innovative ideas
- increasing confidence with communication
- inspiring and being inspired by others
- collaborating and problem-solving with others
- All students, staff and parents have the potential to grow as leaders.
- Effective leaders develop, inspire and invest in the next generation of leaders.
- The culture and climate of our schools is a reflection of the hearts and minds of our team. We must work from the inside out.
Programs we support
District Leadership Programs:
- Board of Trustees Student Leadership 101/102 Cohorts
- Superintendents Student Voice Advisory Network Cohort
- Global Initiative Program
- Ropes Program
- Elementary Leadership Conference
Campus Leadership Programs:
- Student Council
- National Honor Societies
- Peer Assistance & Leadership Programs (PALs)
- Teen Leadership
- No Place for Hate
- Character Education
Student Leadership Spotlight
Student Leadership 102 cohort members visit Parks Youth Ranch to glean a better understanding of how this nonprofit organization supports homeless youth in Fort Bend County. Leadership102 cohort members toured the facility and had the opportunity to hear about the organization from Executive Director Shannan Stavinoha and Develop Officer Angela Parker. Student Leaders partner with Parks Youth Ranch and 5 other area nonprofits to grow their leadership skills and serve as advocates for each organization.
7:30 AM - 2:00 PM Student Voices Advisory Meeting
February 9, 2022
February 16, 2022
February 23, 2022
7:00 AM - 3:00 PM Student Voices Advisory Meeting- DIVERSITY CONFERENCE
March 2, 2022