Teaching and Learning
Fort Bend ISD is committed to coordinating the written, taught and tested curriculum. To accomplish the District goals and objectives, the curriculum and instructional program will:
- Provide viable curriculum for each content area
- Provide training and support for high-impact, high-yield instruction
- Provide and support the use of high quality assessments
Written CurriculumWritten curriculum includes curriculum guides and lesson plans. Written curriculum materials are available online through the District's curriculum management system.
- FBISD Curriculum Management Administrative Procedures
- FBISD K-12 Literacy Plan
- FBISD PK-12 Math Plan
Taught CurriculumTeachers follow the courses of study and instructional materials provided by the District, the essential knowledge and skills for each subject mandated by the state, and the scope and sequence developed by curriculum writers and reviewed by other teachers.
Tested CurriculumTeacher-made tests, district assessments and state assessments are congruent with what is written and taught. Teachers and administrators use test results to assess the status of individual student achievement, to identify general achievement trends of various groups of students, and to modify curriculum and/or instruction as warranted by assessment results.
- Universal Screener: Renaissance 360 Renaissance 360 is the Fort Bend ISD District Adopted Universal Screener.
Teaching and Learning Contact Us