In Fort Bend ISD Literacy programs serve students in grades EC - 12. Students take a variety of foundation and enrichment courses. The core curriculum includes language arts and social studies while students have the opportunity of various literacy electives in the form of Broadcasting, Yearbook, Newspaper, and Photojournalism.
Students in Fort Bend ISD participate in state testing. The State of Texas Assessment of Academic Readiness (STAAR) includes the following grade levels and tests.
- 3rd Grade - Math, Reading
- 4th Grade - Math, Reading, Writing
- 5th - Grade - Math, Reading, Science
- 6th Grade - Math, Reading
- 7th Grade - Math, Reading, Writing
- 8th Grade - Math, Reading, Science, Social Studies
- High School End-of-Course tests (EOC's):