#Attend2Achieve Truancy Diversion Program (TDP)
The #Attend2Achieve Truancy Diversion Program (TDP) is an information-based intervention program offered to parents and students as a preventative measure to educate parents/guardians and students who are experiencing truancy problems about the consequences associated with unexcused absences. In addition, the program identifies available and appropriate resources for families who are experiencing issues that may be contributing to a student’s truancy. The TDP is offered to students and parents with truancy issues once during each school year. Upon completion of the#Attend2Achieve TDP, a Commitment Agreement will be presented for signature as acknowledgment of attending the class, as well as their improved attendance moving forward. We understand that there are a variety of factors that could contribute to a student's unexcused absences, and this Commitment Agreement is intended to help customize the truancy prevention measures for your student.
The TDP is offered on most Wednesdays at Wheeler Field House, located at Mercer Stadium. Wheeler Fieldhouse: 16403 Lexington Blvd. Sugar Land, Texas 77479. Please note, if you are taking the course online, you do not need to come to the face-to-face course at Wheeler. Completion of the online course and submition of your Commitment Agreement satisfies your requested presence in our program.
New for the 2018-2019 School Year!
Students and Parents needing to complete the #Attend2Achieve Truancy Diversion Program can now do so online via Schoology! Can't make it to the class at Wheeler Fieldhouse? Complete your course at a more convenient time for you. We do ask that you complete your course and Commitment Agreement by your scheduled program date, printed on your notice. That said, the course can be taken at any time of day, from any internet accessible device.
Accessing the #Attend2Acheive Truancy Diversion Program online:
PARENTS: Please note. when registering for Schoology the first time, you MUST register from a computer. After your first log in, you are able to view the course through any device.
Steps for Parents:
Step 1: Log in to Schoology - Visit https://app.schoology.com/login and enter your user name and password.
Step 2: Once logged in, click the drop down carat in the top right corner of the screen to expand the selection.
Step 3: Select your name. This takes you to your home page within Schoology.
Step 4: Once on your home page, select the second tab labeled "Courses" at the top of the screen.
Step 5: Once you click Courses, a drop down appears, showing you all courses you have joined previously. Click "Join".
Step 6: A pop up window should appear, prompting you to enter the course code. Please enter the access code: 86BWD-36VPM for English, S2255-KD5WS for Spanish.
Students signing in via the website (computer or phone but not app):
1. Log in to Schoology
2. Select "Courses"
3. Select "My courses" (should be on the right hand side of the screen)
4. Select "Join" (blue button)
5. Enter the access code for which course you would like to take. For English, enter 86BWD-36VPM. For Spanish, enter S2255-KD5WS
6. Complete the intro, and all three modules in order. Upon completion, you will get access to a folder labeled "commit to success". Inside is a Commitment Agreement. Please fill this out and either email it to your Student Attendance Specialist, or print and drop off to your campus attendance office. To find your Student Attendance Specialist, the email is above the barcode on your letter or reminder. If you no longer have your letter, you can look up your SAS HERE.
Students signing in on the Schoology App:
1. Log in to Schoology
2. Select "Courses"
3. Select the + sign (should be on the left side of the screen near the title)
4. Enter the access code for which course you would like to take. For English, enter 86BWD-36VPM. For Spanish, enter S2255-KD5WS
5. Complete the intro, and all three modules in order. Upon completion, you will get access to a folder labeled "commit to success". Inside is a Commitment Agreement. Please fill this out and either email it to your Student Attendance Specialist, or print and drop off to your campus attendance office. To find your Student Attendance Specialist, the email is above the barcode on your letter or reminder. If you no longer have your letter, you can look up your SAS HERE.
Q: Why was I sent to this class?
A: Student and Parents are sent to the Truancy Diversion Program at 5 unexcused absences, whole or partial day (one period or more). This intervention is intended to prevent future unexcused absences, before the student or parent reaches court eligibility.
Q: I'm stuck. This will not allow me to move to the next module. What do I do?
A: Check to make sure you have answered the quiz question. If you have, double check to make sure you answered it correctly. If you have answered the question correctly, and are still stuck, please email you Student Attendance Specialist.
Q: I'm a parent, and I have not signed in to Schoology before. How do I do so?
A: Parents logging in for the first time need to use the email address they have in Skyward. Please note, you must log in the first time via computer. Schoology will not allow you to register for an account via phone. To log in and create your account, please visit the Parents and Students page.
Q: I've completed the Schoology Course. Now what?
A: Please fill out your Commitment Agreement (located in the purple folder in the Schoology course) and either email it to your Student Attendance Specialist, or print it and drop it off to the Attendance Office at your student's campus.