Voluntary Transfers (Teachers and Instructional Aides)
Each year, Fort Bend ISD opens a Voluntary Transfer Window for teachers and instructional aides who are interested in transferring to another campus within FBISD.
UPDATE: Deadline Extended to Friday, March 10.
The Voluntary Transfer Window for the 2023-24 school year will run from February 7 to Friday, March 10, and current teachers and instructional aides who are or may be interested in a lateral, voluntary transfer must complete an online transfer request during this time in order to be considered for a transfer.
Professional employees who are currently in pool positions, such as CTE, Fine Arts, PE Teachers, Instructional Coaches, Librarians, etc., have a different process and should not submit an online transfer request. If you are in a pool position and interested in changing campuses, please visit www.fortbendisd.com/poolpositions for additional information.
Additional information regarding pool positions in FBISD.
Contact Us - If you have a question about Voluntary Transfers within FBISD, please submit your inquiry via Talent Connection.
Voluntary Transfer Information
Please note candidates must meet eligibility criteria* for a Voluntary Transfer, in accordance with the updated employee Assignment and Schedules Handbook. To be eligible to submit a voluntary transfer request, a teacher or instructional aide must:
- Have demonstrated success on the T-TESS with no indicators recorded as “Improvement Needed” for the current year, or similar successful result if evaluated by a different instrument
- Not be a District of Innovation (DOI) teacher or SPED Associate Teacher still working to obtain full certification.
- Not be residing in the United States on an H-1B or J1 Visa.
*In response to employee feedback and in an effort to better support our staff members, FBISD no longer requires that employees have two years of service at their campus in order to be eligible for a transfer.
- Transfers are for lateral moves only. To be considered for a different position, you must complete an application and go through the selection process.
- Application does not guarantee that a transfer will be granted, as all requests are subject to campus vacancies and their selection process.
IMPORTANT: Please note that as an internal candidate, you can only access the application process through the District network or VPN.
Voluntary Transfer Information Process
If you are interested in being considered for a voluntary transfer, you must submit your online request by Friday, March 10, 2023 by putting your name on the transfer list.
Campus leaders will have access to the transfer request list and may contact you for an interview based on campus vacancies. If an internal candidate is selected for a voluntary transfer, principals will submit change forms within the window below:
Elementary: March 21, 2023 - March 31, 2023
Secondary: March 27, 2023 to April 7, 2023
Application does not guarantee that a transfer will be granted, as all requests are subject to campus vacancies and their selection process.
Best Practices for Candidates
After you put your name on the transfer list, FBISD Human Resources recommends the following:
- Let your current campus principal know of your interest to transfer to another campus.
- Send a letter/email of interest and resume to the principal of the school(s) of interest and then wait to be contacted by a principal for an interview.
- Plan to attend the Nothing But Networking event on Monday, March 20, 2023 to network with campus leaders. Nothing But Networking will be held at the James Reese Career and Technical Center from 4:30 to 6:00 p.m.
Please note, if you are interested in other, non-lateral positions, you must apply to the correct posting and go through the screening and selection process that has been established by the department.
Nothing But Networking
Nothing But Networking – Exclusive Event for FBISD Employees!
Note: Fort Bend ISD hosts an annual “Nothing But Networking” Event each spring to give our internal candidates an opportunity to meet with campus administrators. If you are interested in being considered for a Voluntary Transfer, this is a great opportunity to network with campus leaders.
SAVE THE DATE: Nothing but Networking 2023
Monday, March 20, 2023
James Reese Career and Technical Center
4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I access the transfer list using the link provided?
I am a teacher or instructional aide and I am interested in being considered for a transfer for next year. How do I apply for a transfer?
I used the Transfer Registration link to put my name on the transfer list. What should I do next?
If I apply for a voluntary transfer, will I be guaranteed a position at a different campus?
I am currently employed in a pool position and I am interested in changing campuses. What should I do?
Can I attend the Nothing But Networking event if I am currently employed in a pool position and wish to transfer campuses?