In the process of centralizing the Off Campus PE (OCPE) approval process, we received requests from parents and community members to expand our list of approved Off Campus PE activities.Â An stakeholder committee comprised of district and community members was formed to look closely at each request to ensure the FBISD Off Campus PE Policy provides all students with an equitable opportunity to earn a physical education credit from activities that go above and beyond what our district currently offers.Â The stakeholder committee thought it was very important to have different stakeholder groups provide input on recommendations for which activities should be approved for OCPE. Â We expect to get final approval next week.Â Community relations will send specifics regarding Off Campus PE out to the community when the final approval is received. Â
The process of establishments applying to offer Off Campus PE training and the process for students to apply to participate in Off Campus PE have changed and the new process is listed below.
- If a student wants to participate in Off Campus PE, they will need to contact their establishment/program where they wish to train, and that establishment/program will need to complete the FBISD Establishment Online Application.Â
- The District will then conduct an evaluation of the establishment/program to make sure they meet all FBISD OCPE establishment/program guidelines.
- The Board of Trustees will approve all activities and establishments/program at the July 23rd Board Meeting.Â Once the Board of Trustees approves the establishments/programs in July, additional establishments/programs will not be added.
- Students will complete the FBISD OCPE Student Online Application beginning August 1st.Â They will be able to apply for both semesters at this time.Â The Off Campus PE Student Application window will open again November 1st for students wishing to apply for the second semester if they did not apply during the August window.
- Campus counselors will receive a list of students approved for Off Campus PE each week in August so that schedule changes can be made.
Both the Establishment and Student Online Applications will be accessed through the District Off Campus PE Webpage located at https://www.fortbendisd.com/Page/96272
Please pass this information on to all students/parents interested in participating in Off Campus PE during the 2018-19 school year.Â All updates and applications will be posted to the District Off Campus PE Webpage.Â You can also pass along my contact information to anyone that has any questions.Â Thank you for your support.