Tips to Improve Your Child's Attendance
Ultimately, parents are responsible for getting their children to school. Here are a few tips to consider:
- Schedule doctor’s appointments before or after school or during holidays.
- If your child is ill, email the Attendance Clerk the first morning of their absence.
- Arrive to school on time and attend every class period.
- Make school attendance a habit. This can carry over when seeking employment.
- Make sure your child’s job does not require working during the school day or after 10 p.m. on school nights.
- Ask for help from your campus counselor if you are having trouble with your child.
Did you know?By sixth grade, chronic absence becomes a leading indicator that a student will drop out of high school.