The Sartartia Chapter of the National Junior Honor Society is a service organization that is open to 8th grade students who embody the 5 pillars of Scholarship, Service, Leadership, Character, and Citizenship
To qualify for an invitation to become a member of NJHS, the student:
- Must maintain a cumulative, overall middle school average of 85.0% in ALL courses with numerical grades and have no failing final grades in any courses.
- Must have been enrolled at the school for at least one full semester.
- Must abide by the Sartartia Middle School NJHS Chapter By-Laws.
- Must demonstrate sound and effective leadership, admirable citizenship, and trustworthy character at Sartartia Middle School and in the community.
- Must pay the chapter dues of $40 (including t-shirt) prior to your induction (after acceptance into NJHS).
- Must participate in and have transportation to any NJHS Chapter community service projects.
Students will be invited to apply to NJHS during the months of March or April of their 7th grade year if they meet the qualifications.
NJHS Invitations for the 2022-2023 school year were given to students the week before Spring Break (Thursday - Friday March 10-11).
NOTE: If your student was not at school on those days and is eligible for applying, an email was sent to both student and parent with the invitation letter based on email addresses listed in Skyward.
All application materials will be submitted through Schoology. The Schoology course code is listed on the invitation letter given to eligible students.
ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS ARE DUE IN SCHOOLOGY BY FRIDAY, APRIL 1ST.
Timeline for 2022-2023 NJHS Application Process
Thursday-Friday March 10-11: Invitations given to students on campus (or by email, if absent)
Friday, March 25: Deadline to provide Teacher Evaluation Request Microsoft Form link to 7th grade teacher evaluators (part of application)
Friday April 1: ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS DUE IN SKYWARD - No applications will be accepted beyond this date!
Thursday, April 14: Acceptance Packets delivered to students on campus (or by email, if absent)
Thursday, April 28th: 2022-2023 NJHS Induction*
(*More information will be included about induction and due dates for other materials in the acceptance packet)