The Sartartia Chapter of the National Junior Honor Society is a service organization that is open to 8th grade students who embody the 5 pillars of Scholarship, Service, Leadership, Character, and Citizenship
To qualify for an invitation to become a member of NJHS, the student:
- Must maintain a cumulative, overall middle school average of 85.0% in ALL courses with numerical grades and have no failing final grades in any courses.
- Must have been enrolled at the school for at least one full semester.
- Must abide by the Sartartia Middle School NJHS Chapter By-Laws.
- Must demonstrate sound and effective leadership, admirable citizenship, and trustworthy character at Sartartia Middle School and in the community.
- Must pay the chapter dues of $20 prior to your induction (after acceptance into NJHS).
- Must participate in and have transportation to any NJHS Chapter community service projects.
Students will be invited to apply to NJHS during the months of March or April of their 7th grade year if they meet the qualifications.
*Application materials for current 7th grade students eligible for NJHS for the 2021-2022 school year were sent through e-mail using the Sartartia Mass Notification System on Friday, March 12th.*
Please check your email (parents and students), including spam folders, for the email. If you do not receive an email, but you feel as though your student has met criteria for inclusion (cumulative GPA of 85 or above for all classes for 6th grade and 1st semester of 7th grade), please contact Mr. Cole Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can check the official list of candidates and get that email sent directly. Please be mindful of the fact that the district, not the individual school or sponsor, determines the list of possible candidates based on reported grades.
All application materials for the 2021-2022 school year are due by 11:59PM on Friday, April 9th. Any materials submitted after this date will not be considered as part of the student's application for possible induction into NJHS.