The Sweethearts Dance Team is directed Ms. Serda. The Sweethearts perform at football and basketball games (home games only), pep rallies, their annul spring show fund raiser, local high school spring shows, local high school dance clinics, and participate in various social events throughout the year, such as a lock-in, alumnae dinner, Valentines brunch, holiday party, eighth grade night, and a two-week summer camp. As such, Sweethearts is a most certainly a year-long commitment. Practices are every Friday morning from 7:00- AM- 8:10 AM in the Small Gym.
The purpose of Sweethearts is to:
- Introduce the young ladies of Sartartia Middle School to the art of dance.
- Instill teamwork and discipline in all of its members.
- Provide leadership opportunities and foster personal growth.
- Equip its members with the resources necessary for joining a high school dance team.
- Inspire its members to join their high school dance team.
- Serve as a safe and welcoming environment for artistic expression.
- Create a feeling of sisterhood that continues even after graduating from SMS.
- Establish a strong alumnae network to continue the Sweethearts legacy.