The Fort Bend ISD High School Academies are designed to offer specialized programs for academic achievement in a variety of career clusters. Academies are personalized, small learning communities that function within a larger high school. Academies exist to provide specialized learning communities with concentrated and robust course pathways comprised of career and academic classes.Online Application
We want to apologize for the delay in the 2021-22 academy application will open on January 19th, 2021Please complete your application online at: https://academy.fortbendisd.com/Admission CriteriaApplicant must be a resident of Fort Bend ISD at the time of application.
The Academy Selection Committee will consider each student's:
- Non FBISD students will need to upload a copy of their deed or lease aggreement and a copy of their current utility bill to the application in order for us to verify that they reside within the FBISD attendance zone.
- 7th grade term grades
- 8th grade term grades
- Academy interview
- 7th grade STAAR exam scores (Waive for the 2021-22 application)
Final Acceptance, contingent upon:
- Successful completion of all parts of the 7th grade STAAR exam. (Waive for the 2021-22 application)
Number of Students AcceptedThe number of students selected into an academy will be determined based on campus utilization.Additional Academy InformationAre you wondering what you can do in college for Global Studies? Use this document as your starting point! You may be surprised what is out there!The Global Studies Academy class of 2024 will begin their studies at Travis High School.*Please note that any student attending an academy outside of the attendance zone in which he/she resides, will be ineligible for varsity athletic competition during the first year of academy attendance.
- Successful completion of all 8th grade courses during the academic school year.
- Successful completion of all parts of the 8th Grade STAAR exam.
- If a student does not meet the above requirements, student will automatically be placed on Academic Probation for the student's incoming Fall semeste