Winter 2022 Challenge: It's Cold Outside!
Registration Dates: 12/5/22 - 12/14/22
The GT department is excited to invite families of gifted students to participate in the Winter GT Family Series Challenge. The winter challenge theme is "It's Cold Outside". This challenge allows gifted students the opportunity to use their curiosity, critical thinking skills, and creative problem solving skills to develop hands-on products based on an area of interest. Gifted students in grades (1-12) can select from a list of enrichment activities and design a product of their choice. Below you will find the "Resources" section, which provides detailed instructions and a checklist for this challenge. Students are asked to submit a video of their final product at email@example.com on or before Friday, January 13, 2023. Do not forget to register for this challenge by clicking on the link above!
- Registration for this challenge opens Monday, December 5, 2022 and closes on Wednesday, December 14, 2022.
- Select an activity of interest to complete.
- Identify recycled household products to use to create your product for this challenge (if needed).
- Design a "plan" for your self-selected product.
- Build/construct your product.
- Email a short 2-3 minute video of your final product to firstname.lastname@example.org or before Friday, January 13, 2023. Be sure to include the student's name, campus, and grade level when submitting the video.
- Student presentations will be shared on YouTube beginning Monday, January 23, 2023.
Resources for the "It's Cold Outside" Challenge