The GT department has launched the GT Family Challenge Series for the 2020-21 school year. Families of gifted students have the opportunity to participate in themed monthly challenges that will spark creativity and build critical thinking skills!
May GT Family Series Challenge - "Ready, Set, Goals"
MAY CHALLENGE OVERVIEW
The GT department invites families of gifted students to participate in the monthly GT Family Series Challenge. The challenge theme for the month of May is "Ready, Set, Goals." Setting goals can inspire students to dream big and map out their future. For this challenge, gifted students (grades K-12) will create a list of 4 to 6 goals to achieve by the end of summer 2021. Students will design a "Wheel of Fortune" which list their newly created goals. Below you will find an activity card with detailed guidelines listed under "Resources." Students are asked to share a video and/or photos of their "Wheel of Fortune" on Twitter and tag us using #GTinFBISD and #FBISDGTFamilySeries.
- Complete registration form on or before Friday, May 14, 2021.
- Brainstorm a list of realistic goals to achieve by the end of summer 2021.
- Select materials you want to use to design your "Wheel of Fortune."
- Don't forget to use your creativity when designing your "Wheel of Fortune."
- Once completed, place your "Wheel of Fortune" in a visible location in your home.
- Don't forget to celebrate once you achieve or reach your goal(s).
- Share a short video or photos of your "Wheel of Fortune" on Twitter on or before Monday, May 24, 2021 and tag us @fbisdgt. Use hashtags #GTinFBISD and #FBISDGTFamilySeries