The GT department has launched the GT Family Challenge Series for the 2020-21 school year. Families of gifted students have the opportunity to participate in themed monthly challenges that will spark creativity and build critical thinking skills!
March GT Family Series Challenge - "Life is a Roller Coaster"
The GT department invites families of gifted students to participate in the monthly GT Family Series Challenge. The challenge theme for March is "Life is a Roller Coaster". The "Life is a Roller Coaster" challenge allows gifted students (grades K-12) the opportunity to explore engineering concepts and design processes by building a paper roller coaster. Roller coasters are all about physics! This challenge allows gifted students the opportunity to be creative by building a "loop-de-loop" roller coaster. Below you will find an activity card with detailed guidelines listed under "Resources". Students are asked to share a video and/or photos of their roller coasters on Twitter and tag us using #GTinFBISD and #FBISDGTFamilySeries. Can't wait to see where the roller coasters take us!
- Complete registration form on or before Friday, March 12, 2021.
- Take a moment to view an Introduction Video.
- Select household materials you want to use to build your paper roller coaster.
- Draft a blueprint of your roller coaster.
- Use your creativity to build your roller coaster.
- Test your roller coaster.
- Share a short video or photos of your roller coaster on Twitter on or before Monday, March 29, 2021 and tag us @fbisdgt. Use hashtags #GTinFBISD and #FBISDGTFamilySeries