The GT department has launched the GT Family Challenge Series for the 2020-21 school year. Families of gifted students have the opportunity to participate in themed monthly challenges that will spark creativity and build critical thinking skills!
December GT Family Challenge - A Moment in Time
The GT department invites families of gifted students to participate in the December GT Family Challenge. The challenge theme for December is A Moment in Time. As we come to the end of another year, families of students in grades K -12 have the opportunity to use their creativity skills to build a time capsule commentorating the year 2020. Time capsules helps students think critically by understanding the nature of events and relationships during a particular moment in time. Families should identify at least five memorable items from the year 2020 to place in their time capsule. In addition, families need to select an item to store their memories (shoebox, plastic container, glass bottle). Activity Cards with detailed instructions are listed below under Resources. Families are asked to share their time capsule (video/photo) on Twitter an tag us using #GTinFBISD and #FBISDGTFamilySeries. Registration is required (please us the link above). Lets begin capturing memories!
- Complete registration form on or before Friday, December 11, 2020.
- Select a container to store items chosen to preserve memories from the year 2020.
- Identify at least five memorable items from the year 2020.
- Make sure your items are personalized and fun!
- Place items in a decorated container of choice.
- Share a short video or photos of your time capsule to Twitter on or before Tuesday, January 5, 2021 and tag us @fbisdgt! Use hashtags #GTinFBISD and #FBISDGTFamilySeries