The Fort Bend ISD Teacher Development Department recognizes that ongoing, quality professional learning is the key to developing effective teachers and increasing student achievement. Our department is committed to a comprehensive, job-embedded professional learning program for all employees. Professional learning experiences include: workshops, blended professional learning, online courses, coaching, learning walks and more. Our department also leads and supports the development of teacher leaders who provide ongoing professional learning experiences at their campuses that are more specifically aligned to campus goals and needs. The following expectations outline general professional development guidelines for campus and district professional learning:
Registration and Attendance
- All professional learning courses should be entered in eLearning with appropriate course title, session description and continuing education hours.
- Participants must register in eLearning and sign course attendance sheet in order to receive credit.
- Arrive to all classes on time. Participants who arrive 15 minutes after the start time of the class will NOT be allowed to attend the session, will not receive credit, and will have to register for a different class. Individuals who need to register for an alternative offering will have to wait until they are marked absent in the class to register for an alternative time.
- The class rosters are legal documents and the signature on the roster is the only valid proof of attendance. For out-of-district approved courses, certificates of completion must be submitted to content area contact.
- Participants must stay in the session until it ends or they will not receive credit.
- If you are unable to attend the course, please withdraw at least 3 days before the course start date.
- Class update information will be sent to registered participants through your district email. If you are not registered for a class, you will not be informed of changes to the class.
- Walk-ins are not allowed. Participants must register for classes in the professional development management system to attend a class.
- Course with less than 5 participants may be cancelled. You will receive notification via Fort Bend ISD email if a course you have registered for will be cancelled.
- If a participant registers for a course and does not attend, she will be marked absent.
Professional Development Norms
- All teachers should bring earbuds, a fully charged laptop, and charging cable to professional learning sessions.
- All participants should dress appropriately during professional learning sessions.
- Children are not allowed to attend FBISD professional development sessions. Please arrange for child care on the days you have registered for classes.
- Engage fully and contribute positively, professionally and respectfully.