Exit Process Steps:
- As soon as you decide to resign or retire from the District, complete the online Exit Form in My Self Serve.
- Log into PeopleSoft
- Click on Self Service
- Click on FBISD Self Service Forms
- Click on Exit Form. (No matter on what calendar you work, your resignation date should be the last day you physically worked.)
- Once you have submitted the Exit Form and while you are still logged into PeopleSoft, verify that your home address is correct to ensure that the District will mail your W-2 Form to the correct location. Go back to: Self Service > Personal Information > Home and Mailing Address
** Please contact the Human Resources Department at 281-634-1270 if you have a change of address after leaving the District to update your information. **
- Complete the FBISD Employee Exit Interview Survey.
Final Paycheck Information:
The final paycheck date is based on your work calendar (If you do not know your work calendar, please submit an inquiry through Talent Connection).
Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS)
TRS Website: www.trs.texas.gov
Visit the TRS website or give them a call for additional information as you plan your retirement. Helpful Quick Links are provided under Retirement on the FBISD Benefits webpage.
- If you have accepted or anticipate accepting a position in another State of Texas public school district/university or Texas agency, you may have an opportunity to transfer State Personal Leave credit. Those State days are included in your service record (see next item)
- Complete and submit an Employee Records Request Form to request original service records, official transcripts and, if applicable, the teacher certificate. The Records Department will provide the original documents directly to you, as per the option you select on the Records Request Form, but only after the resignation has been fully processed in Human Resources
- For?questions relating to your?W-4 form or W-2 form?information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For?questions relating to benefits and contact information, click here to be directed to the Benefits Page