The Teacher Development Department supports growth and learning. Teacher Development is collaborative, facilitates reflective practices, promotes differentiated support, and encourages risk-taking. Teacher Development builds capacity. Our department adheres to FBISD Professional Learning Mission and to the District’s Professional Learning Core Beliefs.
FBISD Professional Learning Mission:
FBISD is committed to equipping all learners through sustained standards-based and results-driven professional learning.
FBISD Professional Learning Core Beliefs:
- All educators have an obligation to improve their practice.
- Educator effectiveness is a significant factor in student success.
- More students achieve when educators assume collective responsibility for student learning.
- Collaboration among educators builds shared responsibility and improves student learning.
- Ongoing monitoring and evaluation of professional learning improves its quality and results.
- The success of professional learning is measured in terms of its impact on educator effectiveness and student achievement.
- Successful leaders create and sustain a culture of learning.
- Diversity strengthens an organization and improves its decisions.