Exit Process Steps:
1. As soon as you decide to resign or retire from the District, complete the online Exit Form in My Self Serve.
- Log into My Self Serve
- Click on FBISD Self Service Forms
- Click on Exit Form
- Click on Add a New Value (No matter on what calendar you work, your resignation date should be the last day you physically work.)
- Once you have submitted the Exit Form and while you are still logged into PeopleSoft, verify that your home address is correct to ensure that the District will mail your W-2 Form to the correct location. Go back to: Self Service > Personal Information > Home and Mailing Address
** Please contact the Human Resources Department at 281-634-1270 if you have a change of address after leaving the District to update your information. **
2. Complete the FBISD Employee Exit Interview Survey.
Final Paycheck Information:
The final paycheck will have any outstanding debts or overpayments (such as overuse of personal time off) deducted from it as per FBISD Policy and as stated in the Employee Handbook. The final paycheck will be one of the following, depending on the exit date:
- A “live” (paper) check if your exit date is before the last day of your work calendar (which will also be calculated on a prorated schedule of days worked).
- Direct deposited if your exit date is on the last day of your work calendar.
The final paycheck date is based on your work calendar. (If you do not know your work calendar, please log in to My Self Serve --> Employment Information page and view your work calendar)
July cycle, salaried employees (on 226, 238 day calendars), will receive their final paycheck, via direct deposit, on June 30th. If you choose to continue your insurance benefits coverage through July and August, those premiums will be deducted from this check.
August cycle, salaried employees (on 202, 210, 218, or 220 day calendars), will receive their final paycheck, via direct deposit, on July 31st. If you choose to continue your insurance benefits coverage through August, those premiums will be deducted from this check.
September cycle, salaried employees (on 184, 187, 190, 195, or 197 day calendars), will receive a lump-sum payoff of their calendar, via direct deposit, on August 31st. If you choose to continue your insurance benefits coverage through July and August, those premiums will be deducted from this check.
- Salaried 260 day employees (year-round employees that work from September 1 to August 31) if you worked through August 31, will receive a final paycheck on August 31.
[NOTE: For retiring employees, this lump-sum payoff prevents delays in the receipt of your retirement benefits as TRS will not process retirement paperwork for employees whose salaries have not been paid in full.]
- All calendar cycles, hourly employees will receive their final paycheck on the pay date corresponding to their final timesheet or Kronos submission as per the Pay End Date Schedule.
Retirement Specific Information:
Payment for Unused Local Leave (LSL and LPL)
Employees who retire in accordance with TRS guidelines after ten or more continuous years in Fort Bend ISD shall be paid for up to 150 days of unused Local Sick or Local Personal Leave as follows:
- Professional employees- $75.00 per day
- Paraprofessional and Auxiliary employees- $50.00 per day
(Beneficiaries of employees who die prior to retirement shall be paid up to 150 days of accrued Local Sick/Local Personal Leave.)
Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS)
TRS Website: www.trs.texas.gov
- If you have accepted or anticipate accepting a position in another State of Texas public school district/university or Texas agency, you may have an opportunity to transfer State Personal Leave credit. Those State days are included in your service record (see next item).
- Complete and submit an Employee Records Request Form to request original service records, official transcripts, and, if applicable, the teacher certificate. The Records Department will provide the original documents directly to you, as per the option you select on the Records Request Form, but only after the resignation has been fully processed in Human Resources.
- For questions relating to your W-4 form or W-2 form information, contact: email@example.com
- For questions relating to benefits and contact information, click here to be directed to the Benefits page.
- Your email and District access will terminate on your last date worked, so please be sure to print out past checks stubs/W-2s.