FBISD encourages Online Free & Reduced Meal Applications for the 2017-2018 School Year
All families must re-apply annually including SNAP/TANF/FDPIR recipients, foster children, group homes, homeless and runaway students. Online applications will be available on Monday, August 7, 2017. Applications must be approved by October 19, 2017, to avoid a lapse in benefits.
In preparation for the 2017-2018 school year, Fort Bend ISD’s Child Nutrition Department is encouraging families to take advantage of the online process when completing the Free & Reduced Meal application. Families will not receive printed applications this year. Beginning Monday, August 7, 2017, families may complete an online application from any device with internet access at http://fortbendisd.heartlandapps.com.
Families will need the following information available when completing the online application:
- Student’s legal name (first and last), birth date, and assigned student ID number (if known)
- Student’s school name
- All household gross income and/or SNAP (formerly food stamps) or TANF eligibility determination group number (EDG # - this is not the Case #)
- Last four digits of the parent’s/guardian’s social security number
Families who do not have internet access may:
- Visit their child’s school and complete the application on a school computer
- Visit FBISD’s Child Nutrition Department (555 Julie Rivers Dr., Sugar Land, 77478) for computer access Monday through Friday 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM or 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
- Request an application from their child’s campus
GREAT NEWS! Families have the ability to check their eligibility status online and print their eligibility letters by going to http://fortbendisd.schoollunchstatus.com and entering their application confirmation number or the student’s last name and Student ID number. Eligibility letters are sent to the email address on record at the school. Applicants who do not have a valid email address will receive their eligibility letters by mail.
For more information or assistance, contact the Child Nutrition Department at (281) 634-1855.
About Child Nutrition
Mission: The Child Nutrition Department is committed to providing quality nutritious food, supporting academic excellence, achieving economic stability, and offering nutritional services to students, staff and the community.Vision: The Child Nutrition Department strives to nourish the body and mind of our future leaders.