USDA waiver extends free meals for students!
Free student meals will be available for the entire school year, as a result of a waiver from the USDA (US Department of Agriculture). All students, including those not enrolled in FBISD, can receive one free breakfast and/or lunch meal per school day.
Students will only need to go through the cafeteria line during breakfast and lunch, and FBISD students enrolled in online learning may receive meals at any of the 9 Grab and Go locations, located across the District. Students not enrolled in FBISD may also receive meals at Grab and Go locations.
Please note, there is no further action required of parents for students enrolled in face-to-face instruction. Students will only need to go through the lunch line in the cafeteria. Free meals include the complete packaged breakfast and lunch meal, and a la carte items are available for sale.
Curbside meals are available on Mondays and Thursdays of each week. All students, including those not enrolled in FBISD, can receive one free breakfast, lunch and/or dinner meal.
On Mondays, families may receive meals for Monday through Wednesday, and on Thursdays, they can receive meals for Thursday through Saturday. Dinner meals are available for pickup. To receive dinner meals, families will need to provide a student’s ID number and/or the child’s name and age.
Families may receive only one breakfast, lunch and dinner meal per student per day.
Menus for the last three weeks of school will vary by campus. Please reach out to your campus cafeteria manager for your location’s menus.
Grab and Go Meals will be available at the 9 locations listed below:
Curbside Meals 7:00 a.m. - 8:10 a.m.
- Dulles High School (550 Dulles Ave, Sugar Land, 77478)
- Hodges Bend Middle School (16510 Bissonnet St., Houston, 77083)
- Missouri City Middle School (202 Martin Ln, Missouri City, 77489
Curbside Meals 7:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
- Elkins High School (7007 Knights Ct, Missouri City, 77459)
- Hightower High School (3333 Hurricane Ln., Missouri City, 77459)
- Kempner High School (14777 Voss Rd, Sugar Land, 77498)
- McAuliffe Middle School (16650 S Post Oak Rd, Houston, 77053)
- Ridge Point High School (500 Waters Lake Blvd, Missouri City, 77459)
- Travis High School (11111 Harlem Rd, Richmond, TX 77406)
While the District will be offering free meals to all students for the school year, families are still required to complete the 2020 Free/Reduced Price Meal Application to remain eligible for other benefits. In addition to free or reduced-priced meals and eligibility for the District’s Prekindergarten programs, families can also receive the free or reduced fees for the following:
- SAT and ACT exams
- Internet-at-home services
- Extended Day tuition
- Physicals for student athletes
- Band and orchestra instruments
- Summer school and evening high school tuition
- CTE (Career and Technical Education) course and uniform fees
Fort Bend ISD also benefits when families complete the 2020 Free/Reduced Price Meal Application in a number of ways, including receiving more funding to support students and consideration regarding accountability ratings and fiscal effectiveness.
Families can complete the application on the SchoolCafe app, and will need to have the following information:
- Names of all household members
- Amount, frequency and source of current income for each household member
- Last four digits of the parent’s or guardian’s social security number
- Signature of an adult household member attesting that the information provided is correct
Students will continue receiving free meals regardless of whether a family is denied or not.