At FBISD we provide you with the tools you need to succeed. As a certified District of Innovation (DoI), FBISD is committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining effective teachers. Come join us now!
The Grow Your Own (GYO) program gives FBISD the ability and resources to help paraprofessionals, aides, and substitutes transition into teaching roles. GYO Flyer
- Discount code provided for the registration fee
- Capturing Kids’ Hearts - Professional development
- Blended coursework/additional coursework support
- Assistance in finding a position
- Informational sessions
- Two-year mentorship
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education with a 2.5 GPA or above. (Health Science Technology and Trades & Industrial Education certifications are exempt from the bachelor’s degree requirement)
- Official University Transcripts (must be verified in the US)
- Acceptance into Teachworthy, Alternative certification Program (ACP)
- ACP - Alternative Certification Program.
- Internship - ACP candidate’s first year of teaching under the supervision of a certified field trainer.
- Observation hours - Observing educators within the classroom and/or online.
- Student teaching - One semester of teaching under the supervision of a certified teacher and guidance from a field trainer instead of an internship.
- Field trainer - An educator from the ACP program who observes and supports teacher growth.
- TExES - Texas Examinations of Educator Standards.
- PPR - Pedagogy and Professional Responsibilities
- edTPA - Educational Teacher Performance Assessment
(There are various ACP programs available in Texas. It is important to choose one that fits your individual needs.)
Pre-K - 6th Grade
- Science of Teaching Reading (new Jan 1, 2021)
- ESL supplemental
- Core subjects 4-8
- 4-8 Math
- 4-8 Science
- 4-8 ELAR + ESL + Science of Teaching Reading
- 4-8 Social Studies
- 4-8 ELAR and Social Studies + ESL + Science of Teaching Reading
- 4-8 Math and Science
- 7-12 ELAR + ESL
- 7-12 content area
Deb Erhart, Talent Acquisition Consultant
For additional information on available programs, please visit www.tea.state.tx.us and select "Becoming a Texas Teacher.”