Pre-K Program: Little Learners
Extended Learning will provide before and afterschool care at FBISD's PreK campuses for the 2022-2023 school year. Extended Learning will not offer the program at the Early Literacy Center or Jones Elementary.
Students that meet the eligibility requirements for PreK can register for the tuition-based before and afterschool program. Students must be able to toilet independently and have a basic level of self-care in order to be accepted into the Little Learners Program.
The Little Learners Experience
The Little Learners Program has many components to keep your PreK child engaged afterschool. Each campus is unique, but would have some version of the following while adhering to all district health and safety protocols:
Each student is offered a daily snack provided by the FBISD Child Nutrition Department.
Twice a week students participate in clubs. The offerings vary at each campus. Check with your campus site coordinator to see what clubs are offered at your campus. Sample clubs include chess, science, sports, and gardening.
- Curriculum - SPARK After School Program
SPARK is designed to provide children with inclusive, highly active movement opportunities that foster social and motor development while maximizing time spent in moderate to vigorous physical activity and fitness pursuits. The SPARK curriculum includes cooperative, cultural, and aerobic games, and enjoyable skill and sports activities. Students participate in SPARK three times a week at each campus.
Children are provided structured and unstructured time for physical activity.
The Extended Day room has age-appropriate centers to keep children entertained.
- Computer Time
Either in the computer lab or the Extended Day room, children are permitted to go on District-approved websites to continue learning.
Registration for the Little Learners Program is available online through EZChildTrack.
- To register for the 2022-2023 school year, parents need to complete the online registration application. You will need to complete and update all registration questions and select the program (morning only, AM/PM combo, etc.) that your child will be attending.
- Please select the campus that your child will be attending and enter PreK as the grade level.
- There is a $50 non-refundable registration fee due at the time of registration for the 2022-2023 school year program. Payments can be made using a credit or debit card online through EZChildTrack when submitting the application.
- After the application is submitted, notification about acceptance into the program will be sent to the email address on file. Each application is reviewed and approved and this process can take up to two weeks. If this is the first time setting up an account in EZChildTrack, a temporary password will also be included in this email.
Tuition and Fee Information
Tuition and Fee Information
- Morning program only - $120/month
- Morning and afternoon combo - $325/month
- FBISD Employee morning and afternoon - $300/month
- Registration fee - $50 per student
Tuition for August and December are prorated.
Financial assistance is available. A financial aid application must be completed and submitted to the Extended Learning Main Office for approval.
Tuition and Fee Guidelines
- Registration fee and tuition are non-refundable and non-transferable to another student or program.
- Fees can be paid online in EZChildTrack using a credit or debit card.
- Tuition is charged at a monthly rate regardless of the number of days of attendance or school days in a month. Tuition for August and December are prorated due to the number of calendar days of service.
- Tuition is due on the first working day of each month.
- Late payment fees of $10 per day will be charged for payments that are not received by the due date.
- Late fees are waived if payment is made online within the first 3 days payment is due.
- Extended Learning ends at 6:30 p.m. each day. Parents that arrive after 6:30 p.m. will be charged additional fees.
- Late payment and pick-up fees are due with the next tuition payment. Late fees will be applied if not paid on time.
- Children will be removed from the program if the balance of ANY fees is outstanding two weeks after the due date.
- The registration fee must be paid again to re-enroll and outstanding balances must be cleared before re-entry is granted, provided there is availability at the campus.
- No refunds will be issued for withdrawing during the month.
- When withdrawing your child, written notice must be given two weeks prior to the end of the month in order to avoid the next month’s tuition.
- Outstanding balances at the time of the withdrawal will be the responsibility of the parent.
- Fees and/or tuition are non-refundable in the event your child is suspended or removed from the program for any reason.
- Credits due to COVID-19 must be submitted within 30 days of the student’s return from a quarantine period.
- There will be no refunds or credits for suspension or dismissal of any student, inclement weather conditions, school closures, parent behavioral issues, spring break charges, missed field trips/in-house activities or any non-refundable fees paid.
For your convenience, two program options are available. All programs require a non-refundable $50 registration fee.
Full Tuition Program (Mornings & Afternoons)
This option provides care from 6:30 a.m. – 7:30 a.m. and from school dismissal until 6:30 p.m. Early dismissal days are included. The Little Learners Program is only open for registered students on professional development/student holidays.
The program is open 6:30 a.m. – 7:30 a.m. Afternoons are not available with this option.
- Note: Afternoon and morning care is not available on a daily rate.
- For more information about the District's program and eligibility, visit the FBISD Pre-K Program website.
- Little Learners Program Calendar 2022-2023