The Department of Student Affairs is available to assist parents and students with questions and concerns pertaining to Fort Bend ISD. The Department has direct access to District administrators and works to address issues while allowing the appropriate staff to remain focused on student learning.
The DSA is committed to assisting parents, students and school officials by serving as a customer service organization dedicated to supporting an equitable educational experience for all students.
- To provide consistent, District-wide application of student-related policy and procedures.
- To provide parents greater access to important information, processes and procedures to support a positive learning experience.
- To support school leaders by helping to interpret policy and procedures related to student concerns.
- To increase student attendance to ultimately enhance the success of all FBISD students.
We assist with:
- Parent questions/concerns/complaints
- Student/Parent complaints based upon Policy FNG (Local)
- Student transfers
- Discretionary DAEP (District Alternative Education Placement) approvals
- Discretionary Expulsion approvals
- Expulsion Hearings and Decision-making
- Monitoring and presenting disciplinary student data
- Tracking of parent complaints and resolutions
- Policies and procedures related to students
- Truancy Diversion
- Compulsory Attendance Procedures