School Counseling Practicum/Internship

  • Thank you for your interest in completing your school counseling praticum/internhip or LPC-I experience in Fort Bend ISD.  In order to be considered for a FBISD school counselor practicum/internship or obtain hours for your LPC-I credential, please complete the following steps:

    • Secure a practicum/internship or LPC-I supervisor
    • Complete the Counseling Internship Application and the Confidentiality Agreement located in the FBISD Counselor Practicum/Internship Application (with LPC-I).  The packet includes all application documents.  Please read the Practicum/Internship Guidelines carefully as all interns must abide by these guidelines.
    • If you are not currently a FBISD employee, please submit a FBISD Volunteer Criminal History Application to FBISD Human Resources and provide proof that your application was approved (attach e-mail confirmation). 

    Submit the signed Counseling Internship Application, Confidentiality Agreement, and supporting documents to be considered for a school counseling practicum/internship (forms located in the FBISD Counselor Practicum/Internship Application (with LPC-I).  Supporting documents include:

    • Proof of professional liability insurance effective from the start and end dates of the practicum/internship.
    • Proof of approved FBISD Volunteer Criminal History Application and Pre-Employment Affidavit for Applicant Offered Employment if not currenly a FBISD employee.
    • Verification letter from your university expressing eligibility for field experience in school counseling or a copy of your LPC-I temporary license.

    Please submit all required documents with applicable signatures in one e-mail to the following contacts in the SEL and Enrichment Programs Department.  Please allow two-weeks for processing. 

    Assistant Director, School Counseling

    Coordinator, School Counseling and SEL 

    Important Note: In order to complete your counseling graduate practicum or internship through placement at a FBISD campus, the district must have a signed affiliation agreement with the university.  Please contact the SEL and Enrichment Department at (281) 634-1129 for a current list of universities with affiliation agreements on file.  

    If an affiliation agreement is not on file for your university, the SEL and Enrichment Department asks to please allow at least eight months for the approval process.  Therefore, if you need an agreement signed between your university and FBISD, please contact the SEL and Enrichment Department well in advance at (281) 634-1129.