Professional School Counselors are available at all Fort Bend ISD campuses to provide a Comprehensive School Counseling Program and services for all students in the areas of:
- Guidance Curriculum - In an effort to help students develop competence in essential life skills
- Responsive Services - Provide intervention for immediate personal/social/emotional concerns
- Individual Planning - Provide guidance to help students plan, monitor, and manage their personal, educational and career goals, and facilitate transition activities for post-secondary education and/or training
- System Support - Support campus staff, parents, and community to promote the educational, career, personal, and social development of students, as well as the Comprehensive School Counseling Program
Professional School Counselors provide
- Consultation services with students and parents for academic, social/emotional, and behavior concerns
- Facilitate the identification and placement of students in most special programs
- Provide consultation services to staff and special program committees
- Promote career awareness and provide information and resources for post-secondary options
- Coordinate crisis intervention for students and staff
- Provide staff development and training for staff and parents
- Coordinate standardized and state assessments for students and interpret standardized test and assessment scores
The mission of the professional school counselors is to provide opportunities for all students to develop an understanding of themselves in relationship to their environment and assume responsibility for their own actions and choices in their educational, career, and social environments.
Students and their parents should contact their student's school counselor for more information about the Comprehensive School Counseling Program.