Financial Readiness - provides awareness and critical support to enable all students to access their future. FBISD provides parent workshops on financial aid and scholarships. Advisors are available to help parents complete their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) along with district-wide FAFSA completion events where professional tax help is available.
- Don't let money keep you from pursuing your dreams.
- Learn about and apply for scholarships. See your CCR Advisor for more details.
- FBISD seniors earn millions of dollars in scholarships every year. This could be you!
- Fill out and complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in October and definitely by March of your senior year.
- Take advantage of FAFSA Workshops that take place around the district and Houston. Free professional help is available. Contact your College & Career Resource Advisor for more information.
- Financial aid comes from the federal and local government. It's money that helps a student pay for education expenses at a postsecondary school (e.g. college, career school, and graduate school). Federal student aid covers expenses such as tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, and transportation. Financial aid often comes in the form of both grants and loans.
- Some private colleges also require a CSS profile in addition to the FAFSA or TAFSA. ONLY submit this form if required by the institution you are applying to.
- Scholarships are free money, meaning you do not have to repay, but there may be a few strings attached (e.g. good academic standing). In the end, the benefits of scholarships far outweigh any negatives you might attribute to the process in obtaining and/or maintaining the award. The application process depends on the benefactor.
- Check with your CCR Advisor or Naviance for current scholarships available.