FBISD’s pre-K program enrollment for the 2023-24 school year begins Saturday, April 1, 2023.
Seats are assigned on a first-come-first-served basis once student documentation is received by Attendance Clerk and qualification is determined.
Students must be 4 years old by Sept. 1, 2022, for the 2022-23 school year and 4 years of age by Sep. 1, 2023 fo the 2023-24 school year.
- FBISD Pre-K Students Develop Reading, Math, and Language Skills Faster
- 91% Of FBISD Pre-K Students Are Prepared for Kindergarten-Level Math
- 84% Of FBISD Pre-K Students Excel in Early Literacy
- We Provide a Full-Day Learning & Nurturing Experience in a Warm, Caring Environment
- 100% of FBISD Lead Pre-K Teachers are Certified, with Two Educators Per Classroom
To qualify for tuition-free pre-K, families must reside in Fort Bend ISD and meet ONE of the following requirements:
- The student is identified as a Language Learner by the state-required language assessment.
- Families must qualify according to the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines (example: family of 5 annual income = $60,070) and provide current proof of gross income for all adults in the household, such as paycheck stubs, child support, SNAP documentation etc. Proof of income is required before your child’s seat can be secured.
- The student’s family is homeless.
- The student is in foster care.
- The student is the dependent child of an active U.S. Armed Forces member or a service member who has been injured or killed while on active duty.
- The student is a dependent of a police officer, firefighter, or emergency medical responder who was seriously injured or killed in the line of duty and received the Star of Texas Award.
The above requirements are not necessary for tuition-based pre-K. More information about this program will be announced in the weeks to come.
Beginning fall 2022, FBISD will offer pre-K programs throughout the District at 35 sites.
Additional benefits: Parents of FBISD pre-K students receive access to the ReadyRosie digital library that provides videos and instructions on how to teach pre-K skills at home to children from infancy to 3rd grade. English and Spanish lessons are provided.
¡Bienvenidos a nuestra página! En FBISD estamos complacidos de poder ofrecer el programa de Prekínder de día completo para niños de cuatro años. Durante el año escolar 2021-22 el programa Prekínder estará disponible en 29 escuelas del distrito y las inscripciones están abiertas a través del año. Por favor tenga en cuenta que el ingreso a Prekínder depende de que su hijo cumpla con los requisitos de ingreso. Los cupos se otorgan en el orden en que se reciben las aplicaciones, una vez los niños califican al programa. Por favor lea el menú de la parte de abajo que contiene información acerca de los documentos, inscripciones, requisitos y zonas de asistencia de nuestro programa. Las inscripciones para el año escolar 2022-23 inicial el 1ro de abril.
Bienvenidos al programa de Prekínder!
Escuelas con programa de PreK para el 2022-23
Zona de Asistencia
Early Childhood Department281-634-1705Email AddressProgram Hours:Full-Day PreK8:10 a.m. - 3:25 p.m.Transportation:FBISD transportation services are only provided for K-12 students.Before and after school care:Visit the Little Learners program website for more information.