FBISD Network Terms and Conditions for Guest Access
The network (“Network”) you are about to access is the property of Fort Bend Independent School District (“FBISD”). By accessing the Network, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the contents of this notice, and that you accept the following Terms and Conditions governing your use of the Network:
- The Network shall be used primarily for instructional and administrative purposes and in accordance with administrative regulations, FBISD Board Policies, and applicable law.
- You may not transmit any information through the Network that is obscene, harmful to minors, abusive, harassing, or otherwise objectionable and/or unlawful.
- FBISD shall not be responsible for ensuring the availability of the Network or the accuracy, age appropriateness, or usability of any information transmitted through the Network.
- FBISD may discontinue and/or terminate your access to the Network, at any time, for any reason or for no reason, without notice.
- Electronic mail transmissions and other use of the Network shall not be considered private. FBISD may monitor the Network at any time to ensure appropriate use and reserves the right to report and/or disclose any information regarding your use of the Network to any third party, as FBISD deems appropriate in FBISD’s sole discretion.
- FBISD shall not be liable to you or any other party for any damages, direct or indirect, actual, consequential, incidental, special, exemplary, punitive, or otherwise, arising from or related to your use of the Network, including, but not limited to, your violation of intellectual property or other laws, your mistakes or negligence, or costs incurred by you in using the Network.
- You hereby agree to defend, indemnify, and hold FBISD and its trustees, officers, employees, agents, and affiliates harmless from and against any claim, loss, damage, expense (including attorneys’ fees), cost, and/or other liability of any nature arising from or in any way related to your use of the Network.
THE NETWORK IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. FBISD MAKES NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY INFORMATION TRANSMITTED THROUGH THE NETWORK. FBISD DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE NETWORK WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, OR FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CONTENT. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THERE ARE, AND ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY RELATED TO, SECURITY, PRIVACY, AND CONFIDENTIALITY RISKS INHERENT IN THE USE OF ANY NETWORK OR RELATED TECHNOLOGY, AND FBISD EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY ASSURANCES OR WARRANTIES RELATING TO SUCH RISKS. NO ACT OR OMISSION BY FBISD OR ANY AGENT OF FBISD SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY.