The application for the 2024-2025 school year will open on November 1, 2023 and close on November 30, 2023. The application is located at: https://earlycollegeprograms.fortbendisd.com/, current 8th grade students invited to apply
All current 8th grade students are eligible to apply for the P-TECH programs at Hightower and Willowridge High Schools.
The link to the application will be active on November 1st, 2023 at : https://earlycollegeprograms.fortbendisd.com/
Application Job Aids
Application Job Aids
- P-TECH is open to all 8th grade FBISD students and students who live within the FBISD attendance area who are motivated and willing to commit to a four-year program.
- All interested 8th grade students must submit an Early College High School Application. There are no criteria for placement into the Pathways in Technology Program, just the student's willingness to commit to demands of this opportunity.
- Parents are an important part of the process and need to demonstrate their support by granting permission and completing the parent sections of the application.
- There are no pre-requisites for eligibility. A student must be dedicated and committed to earning an Associate Degree or core college credit while earning a high school diploma.
- Students that are not currently FBISD students and reside in the FBISD attendance zone will need to upload a copy of their deed or lease agreement and a copy of a current utility bill to the application
Students are chosen from a random lottery. All students who are not pulled in the random lottery are placed on a waiting list. If more than 100 students apply, the district will use a lottery system to select students with 70% coming from the campus feeder middle school and 30% from other middle schools.
Willowridge HS P-TECH Early College
Fort Bend ISD is expanding college opportunities for students, thanks to an exciting partnership with Houston Community College (HCC). Students who attend Willowridge HS P-TECH Early College will not only take high school courses, but will also take classes at Houston Community College and earn a high school diploma and an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in four years.
P-TECH stands for Pathways in Technology Early College. Our P-TECH students take core courses that deliver rigorous Pre-AP, AP, and Dual Credit academic instruction. P-TECH are also enrolled in our Career and Technical courses in which they develop the technical and workplace skills that employers need. Willowridge’s partnership with Houston Community College allows our students to develop the specific skills needed for careers in high-growth industries. The AAS degrees are “career specific” programs that prepare students for immediate employment post-graduation.
Willowridge’s P-TECH ECHS is built upon high expectations for students. With family, and community support we believe that all P-TECH students can earn their college degree. During our “Summer Bridge” our incoming ninth (9th) graders are enrolled in Houston Community College and are immediately on a career pathway from the moment they begin high school. Our P-TECH students participate in a range of workplace opportunities that include mentoring, externships, and paid internships — all designed to support students’ academic and professional growth.”
The P-TECH Early College program at Willowridge HS provides an opportunity for students in which they will be able to earn the following:
- Degree Plan: AAS Computer Programming (Applications Development)
- HS Endorsement: STEM
- Program: Computer Science
Informational meetings, recruitment, and more are held at all middle schools throughout FBISD in the fall of each school year. The application window to apply for the Willowridge P-TECH program opens up in late fall. This application window is set forth by FBISD policy. Students and parents of students who are interested in a career in computer programming and technology fields are encouraged to view the FBISD website, the Willowridge HS website, and P-TECH.org.
PTECH at WHS and HCC Parent Night
Thank you to all of the parents that came out for our Parent Night last night and for our community partners that came as well. GGC Corporation, and Mu Kappa Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. A special thank you to GGC Corporation for giving our students back to school supplies at the event. We are looking forward to seeing our innaugural class next week for our first Summer Bridge Program.