Registration2017-2018 Online Registration for prekindergarten will begin on April 24th. To determine current school year Prekindergarten locations (2016-2017), parents can use the School Finder tool to determine their child's zoned campus. The 2017-2018 Infofinder will be available soon. To begin the 2017-2018 registration process, visit the New Student Online Registration webpage beginning April 24th, complete an online application, then call your zoned PreK campus schedule an appointment for face to face registration.Spaces for all eligible students will be available in the prekindergarten program, but please be advised that students will be scheduled for the morning and afternoon sessions based on availability. Seats will not be held because of missing documents; therefore, it is important to present all necessary documents at registration.
Please bring the following documents for registration:
- Original Certified Birth Certificate
- Original Social Security card for the child
- Parent/Guardian appropriate/unexpired photo ID such as a passport, driver’s license, or government issued photo id
- Proof of residency such as a current lease, or current month’s mortgage statement. Proof of residency must be dated within 30 days of enrollment.
- One current utility (gas, water or electricity) bill. For new Fort Bend residents, a utility work order will be accepted.
- Child’s health record/immunization record. Immunization requirements.
- Proof of income for all adults in the household (One month of income dated 30 days from the date of registration)
- Current paycheck stub (30 days from the date of registration) or
- Unemployment, Worker’s Compensation or Disability payment stub.
- Business or farming documents, such as ledger books and/or self-issued paycheck stub or
- Last year’s tax return (self-employment).
- Acceptable documentation for cash income include:
- A letter from the employer stating wages paid and frequency.
Important Reminders for Registration
- To register a child for prekindergarten, families will need an original certified birth certificate, current immunization records, original social security card, current proof of income (if applicable), and proof of residence. Proof of residence should include a current lease or mortgage statement, a current utility bill (gas, water or electricity) and an unexpired Texas driver’s license (or other government provided photo ID) that contains the address of the parent or guardian residing within the FBISD boundaries.
- For rental agreements, all adult members of the household over the age of 21 must be documented on the lease agreement.
- For dual residency and multi-family households, all adult members of the household must have an updated driver’s license (or other government provided photo ID) that reflects the homeowner’s address within the FBISD boundaries. Dual/Co-residency and multi-family applications will be processed beginning August 2017.