Code of Ethics
As a member of the Board, I shall be continuously guided by what is best for all students of the District. I shall promote the best interests of the District as a whole and, to that end, shall adhere to the following ethical standards:
- I will be fair, just, impartial, and objective in all my decisions and actions.
- I will encourage expressions of different opinions and listen with an open mind to others’ ideas.
- I will be accountable to the public by upholding District policies and accurately representing programs, priorities, and decisions.
- I will be responsive to the community by seeking its involvement in District affairs and by communicating its priorities and concerns.
- I will work to ensure prudent and accountable use of District resources.
- I will make no personal promise or take private action that may compromise my responsibilities.
- I will tell the truth.
- I will accord others the respect I wish for myself.
- I will share my views while working for consensus.
- I will do my best to weigh all factors and make informed decisions.
- I will graciously respect and support the majority decision of the Board.
- I will conduct myself with civility and decorum.
- I will refuse to surrender my judgment or my responsibilities to any individual or group at the expense of the District.
- I will consistently uphold all applicable laws, rules, policies, and governance procedures.
- I will not disclose information that is confidential by law or that will needlessly harm the District.
- I will focus my attention on fulfilling the Board’s responsibilities and duties.
- I will diligently prepare for and attend Board meetings.
- I will avoid personal involvement in activities the Board has delegated to the Superintendent.
- I will seek continuing education that will enhance my ability to fulfill my duties effectively.