VIRTUAL COURSE SELECTION FAIR
All levels of both languages have the goal of using the target language 90% + every day. This does NOT mean the teacher speaking or signing ASL, Spanish or French for 90% of the time, but that 90% + of every class will revolve around hearing, reading, speaking, and writing in the target language.
Only through such consistent use can we reach our communicative goals.
- RPHS offers levels 1 through 5 AP for Spanish
- Spanish for Native Speakers is also offered for specifically heritage and native speakers of Spanish.
- The native speaker class allows students to earn two credits in one year of study, replacing level 1 and level 2 and therefore satisfying the requirement for graduation. After successful completion, these students have several options: go on to level 3, take CBE for level 3 / 4 regular, go to level 4 AP, stop their language study, or switch to French, ASL and start a new language.
- All students are required to take two years of foreign language to graduate under a regular graduation plan, but many colleges want to see three (3) years.
- If a student plans to take Spanish 4 AP, it is highly recommended that they take Spanish III Pre-AP to be adequately prepared for that class.
STUDENT HAS ALREADY COMPLETED SPANISH I IN MIDDLE SCHOOL:
QUAIL VALLEY STUDENTS (GT Academy):