Your RPHS Counselors are available and ready to help!
- Guidance Curriculum - Help students develop competence in essential life skills
- Responsive Services - Provide intervention for immediate personal/social/emotional concerns
- Individual Planning - Provide guidance to help students plan, monitor, and manage their personal, educational and career goals, and facilitate transition activities for post-secondary education and/or training
- System Support - Support campus staff, parents, and community to promote the educational, career, personal, and social development of students, as well as the Developmental Guidance Program
What is confidentiality?
Confidentiality is keeping information discussed between the student and the school counselor (or the parent and the counselor) private. Confidentiality is vital to the student-counselor relationship.
Are there times when the school counselor will break confidentiality?
Yes, there are certain instances when the school counselor is required to report confidential information, such as:
- When a student reports someone is hurting them
- When a student reports they are hurting someone else
- When a student reports they are hurting themselves
- With the student’s permission (often something that is uncomfortable for the student but useful for a parent or teacher to know)
Text SPEAK to 741741
Free - Annonymous - Confidential
Looking for help or resources for you child? FBISD provides many resources. Click here for more information.