Your RPHS Counselors
are available and ready to help!
While our method of delivery is different, our message is still the same.
- Virtual Guidance Curriculum - In an effort to help students develop competence in essential life skills
- Virtual Responsive Services - Provide intervention for immediate personal/social/emotional concerns
- Virtual Individual Planning - Provide guidance to help students plan, monitor, and manage their personal, educational and career goals, and facilitate transition activities for post-secondary education and/or training
- Virtual System Support - Support campus staff, parents, and community to promote the educational, career, personal, and social development of students, as well as the Developmental Guidance Program
“Seeing” your Counselor Online
What is confidentiality?
Confidentiality is keeping information discussed between the student and the school Counselor (or the parent and the Counselor) private.
Confidentiality is vital to the student-counselor relationship. Obviously, we cannot completely ensure confidentiality in an online setting, but we have to attempt to maintain it even when we meet virtually rather than face-to-face.
What are some things parents can do to preserve confidentiality online?
- Allow the student to move the computer to a private space for the duration of the meeting.
- Provide student with headphones with a microphone.
- Turn on white noise to keep others from being able to overhear.
Are there times when the school counselor will break confidentiality?
Yes, there are certain instances when the school counselor is required to report confidential information, such as:
- When a student reports someone is hurting them
- When a student reports they are hurting someone else
- When a student reports they are hurting themselves
- With the student’s permission (often something that is uncomfortable for the student but useful for a parent or teacher to know)
COVID-19 Mental Health Hotline
Looking for help or resources for you child, FBISD provides many resources. Click here for more information.