My name's Isabel Hill and I have lived in Sugar Land with my husband and my two daughters since 2002. I am from Maracaibo, Venezuela. I have a bachelors degree in Modern Languages and I have been teaching world languages for over 20 years. I have also earned a Master's Degree in Teaching of Spanish Language and Hispanic Cultures for Primary and Secondary Teachers at the University of Alcalá in Madrid, Spain.
I will be teaching Spanish III Pre-AP and Spanish IV AP at Ridge Point this year. I believe the language acquistion process varies from person to person; however, we all have the predisposition to speak more than one language. I believe that taking risks to communicate is one of the most effective ways to acquire a second language.
I look forward to a wonderful year!
Students will need to bring to class:
- 1 packet of college ruled notebook paper
- 1 college ruled composition notebook
- 1 two-pocket POLY (plastic) folder
- Pencil, highlighter, eraser
Please contribute with the following classroom items:
- 1st period – dry erase markers
- 2nd & 3rd periods – tissue boxes
- 5th and 6th periods – handsanitizer
- 7th period – disinfecting wipes