My name's Isabel Hill and I have lived in Sugar Land with my husband and my two daughters since 2002. I am from Maracaibo, Venezuela. I have a bachelors degree in Education (Modern Languages) and I have been teaching foreign languages for over 20 years. I am currently finishing my Master's Degree in Teaching of Spanish Language and Hispanic Cultures for Primary and Secondary Teachers at the University of Alcala in Madrid, Spain.
I will be teaching Spanish I and Spanish III at Ridge Point this year. I believe the language learning process varies from person to person; however, we all have the predisposition to speak more than one language. I believe that taking risks to communicate is one of the most effective ways to acquire a second language.
I look forward to a wonderful year!
Students will need to bring to class:
- 1” three-ring binder with 1 packet of college ruled notebook paper and 2 dividers
- 1 two-pocket POLY (plastic) folder
- 3 sheet protectors
- Pencil, highlighter, eraser
If you would like to contribute with the following items, it would be appreciated:
- 1st period – tissues
- 3rd & 4th periods – dry erase markers
- 5th and 6th periods – handsanitizer
- 7th period – disinfecting wipes