My name's Isabel Hill and I have lived in Sugar Land with my husband and my two daughters since 2002. I am from Maracaibo, Venezuela. I have a bachelors degree in Education (Modern Languages) and I have been teaching foreign languages for over 20 years. I have also earned a Master's Degree in Teaching of Spanish Language and Hispanic Cultures for Primary and Secondary Teachers at the University of Alcala in Madrid, Spain.
I will be teaching Spanish I and Spanish III at Ridge Point this year. I believe the language learning process varies from person to person; however, we all have the predisposition to speak more than one language. I believe that taking risks to communicate is one of the most effective ways to acquire a second language.
I look forward to a wonderful year!
Students will need to bring to class:
- 1 packet of college ruled notebook paper
- 1 college ruled composition notebook
- 1 packet of post-its tabs / link: post-its tabs
- 1 two-pocket POLY (plastic) folder
- Pencil, highlighter, eraser
- Please contribute with the following items for our classroom:
- 1st period – dry erase markers
- 3rd & 4th periods – tissues
- 5th and 6th periods – handsanitizer
- 7th period – disinfecting wipes