National Honor Society
Purpose: The Ridge Point chapter of the National Honor Society was created in 2011. Membership in this chapter is an honor bestowed upon deserving students by the faculty, and shall be based on the criteria of scholarship, service, leadership, and character.Requirements for NHS:
- Students must have a GPA of an 85 or above on a 100 point scale (this includes ALL courses with numerical course grades)
- Per the national constitution, candidates must have been enrolled in the district at least one year
- Students are invited to apply in the Fall Semester of their junior or senior year at Ridge Point
- Students may not have failed any course (on the final grade of the course)
Students who want to apply for NHS must complete 10 service hours during the fall of 2023 between the dates of August 1st - December 7th.
Applicants are scored based on high school volunteer hours, current semester volunteer hours, school involvement, leadership and teacher recommendations.
There will be mandatory informational meetings before and after school in October. You must attend one of the following meetings in order to apply. All meetings will be in room L246.
Choose ONE of the following dates to attend:
- Monday, Oct 16th at 2:50 pm
- Tuesday, Oct 17th at 2:50 pm
- Wednesday, Oct 18th at 7:05 am
- Wednesday, Oct 18th at 2:50 pm
- Thursday, Oct 19th at 7:05 am
During these meetings I will go over the application process. I will post the applications to this website after the meetings. Applications will be due at 3:30 on December 8th. There are no exceptions to this deadline. Acceptance/Denial letters will be sent out at the end of January.
In order to apply for NHS:
1. Complete the information form at the following link: link will be added after info meetings
2. Download and then print the application: link will be added after info meetings
3. Fill out the application. You must get signatures for each activity/service hour that you include on the application.
4. Email your 4 core teachers the following link to fill out a recommendation form: link will be added after info meetings
5. Turn in your completed application to room L246 by 3:30pm on Friday, December 8th.
National Honor Society Announcements
Meeting Dates for 2023-24
Tues, Sept 5th at 2:55 pm OR Wed, Sept 6th at 7:05 am
Tues, Oct 3rd at 2:55 pm OR Wed, Oct 4th at 7:05 am
Tues, Nov 7th at 2:55 pm OR Wed, Nov 8th at 7:05 am
Tues, Dec 5th at 2:55 pm OR Wed, Dec 6th at 7:05 am
Tues, Jan 9th at 2:55 pm OR Wed, Jan 10th at 7:05 am
Tues, Feb 6th at 2:55 pm OR Wed, Feb 7th at 7:05 am
Tues, Mar 5th at 2:55 pm OR Wed, Mar 6th at 7:05 am
Tues, Apr 2nd at 2:55 pm OR Wed, Apr 3rd at 7:05 am
OfficersLaela MillionPresidentGreta HauschelVice PresidentJenna FergusonSecretaryAvery WatersTreasurerStevie MarshallHistorianMaya AbrahamSAC ChairmanLauren MerkelSponsorlauren.email@example.com
October 9, 2023
October 10, 2023
November 10, 2023
November 20, 2023
November 21, 2023
November 22, 2023
November 23, 2023
November 24, 2023
December 18, 2023
December 19, 2023
December 20, 2023
December 21, 2023
December 22, 2023
December 23, 2023
December 24, 2023