All children who are four years of age or over, but younger than 21 years of age on September 1 of any school year in which admission is sought and who reside within FBISD or has a parent/legal guardian (assigned by a court of law) who resides within FBISD are eligible to attend FBISD schools.Registration must be completed at the school in which the child's residence address is zoned within FBISD (with the exception of Prekindergarten, see below); therefore, parents must contact their child's zoned school for additional enrollment information.
Is Fort Bend ISD enrolling students?
Fort Bend ISD will continue to enroll new students; however, the date of enrollment will be dependent on the date that the District reopens. Parents and guardians can email their student’s zoned campus registrar, data entry clerk, or attendance personnel to inquire about the online enrollment process.
A parent may withdraw their child from any Fort Bend ISD school; however, the date of the withdrawal will be dependent on the date that the District reopens. Students cannot be withdrawn on days in which the District is officially closed.
PreKindergarten - Twelfth Grade Registration
To register a child for kindergarten in the state of Texas, a child must be 5 years of age on or before September 1.
Please provide the school with the following documents for registration:
- Certified Birth Certificate or other proof of the child's identity,
- Original social security card for the child or state assigned id number,
- Parent/Guardian appropriate photo ID such as Texas driver's license or government issued photo id,
- Proof of residency such as a deed, lease or mortgage agreement,
- One current utility bill (gas, water or electric),
- Immunization records,
- Most recent report card or grade transcript (Grades 1-12 only)