Bond Program Highlights
- No tax rate increase to fund new bonds. Due to the District's growing tax base and the retirement of existing bonds, a tax rate increase will not be required to fund the new bonds.
- FBISD to serve a growing number of students. FBISD currently serves more than 73,000 students. Over the next five years, the District expects to add more than 5,400 additional students, and 12,600 students over the next 10 years.
- Planning for bond based on community input. The community participated in the development of the FBISD Facilities Master Plan, Safety and Security Plan and a Technology Plan.
- FBISD Capital Plan incorporates information from each of these plans. The Capital Plan includes two phases and will serve as the District's planning roadmap through 2023. Phase One of the Capital Plan priorities are funded in the 2014 Bond.
- $365.4 million for new construction and
classroom additions to support increasing student enrollment, and major
maintenance and renovation items identified through a comprehensive
- $26.9 million for safety and security improvements
- $15.9 million for new school buses, bus cameras, and global positioning systems on all buses
- $39.4 million for technology infrastructure
- $36.5 million for land purchases and other needs