High School Academies
Selection CriteriaThe academy application does not include an essay or teacher recommendations. Students are accepted based on the following criteria:
- 8th-grade student living in the Fort Bend ISD attendance zone.
- Completed application found on the Fort Bend ISD website during the application window: November 1, 2022 - December 09, 2022.
- 7th and 8th-grade semester grades in math, science, ELA and social studies.
- Students applying to the Math & Science, Engineering, and Medical Science academies will take an entrance exam.
- Students applying to Digital Media, Global Studies, and International Business and Marketing academies will complete a video interview/presentation. More information will be provided upon completion of the application window.
- Notification of the date and time of the interview and/or entrance exam will be sent to the email address provided on the application.
- Final acceptance is contingent upon the successful completion of 8th-grade grade courses during the normal school year and all parts of 8th-grade STAAR exam.
Living In FBISD Attendance Zone but not EnrolledStudents applying to an academy who reside in the Fort Bend ISD attendance zone but are not enrolled in FBISD, need to submit
- a copy of their report card from 7th grade and first semester of 8th grade
- a copy of standardized test scores
- additional residency documentation
The Academy Application for the 2023-2024 School Year is NOW OPEN!
The Academy Application for 8th-grade students wishing to enter the High School Academy Programs for the 2023-2024 School Year is now open!
The online application is now open!
Please use the following link to start your online application.
If you are a current FBISD student, please use your desktop username and password to access the application.
If you are not currently an FBISD student, please register for an account using a personal email address.
CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION GUIDE (ENGLISH)
CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION GUIDE (SPANISH)