The academy application does not include an essay or teacher recommendations. Students are accepted based on the following criteria:
- 8th grade student living in the Fort Bend ISD attendance zone.
- Completed application found on the Fort Bend ISD website during the application window: November 1, 2019 - November 30, 2019.
- Successful completion of all parts of the 7th grade STAAR exam.
- 7th and 8th grade semester grades in math, science, ELA and social studies.
- Students applying to the Math & Science, Engineering, and Medical Science academies will take an entrance exam.
- Students applying to the Digital Media, Global Studies, and International Business and Marketing academies will complete an interview/presentation. More information will be provided upon completion of application window.
- Notification of the date and time of the interview and/or entrance exam will be sent to the email address provided on the application.
- Final acceptance is contingent upon successful completion of all 8th grade courses during the normal school year and all parts of the 8th grade STAAR exam.
Living In FBISD Attendance Zone but not Enrolled
Students applying to an academy who reside in the Fort Bend ISD attendance zone but are not enrolled in FBISD, need to submit
- a copy of their report card from 7th grade and first semester of 8th grade
- a copy of standardized test scores
- additional residency documentation