Ferndell Henry Center for Learning Student/Parent ROPES Program
FERNDELL HENRY CENTER FOR LEARNING STUDENT/PARENT
2 DAY ROPES PROGRAM
- Students participating in the FHCL Student/Parent Ropes program is required to complete two full days in order to qualify for the two early release days that may applied to their days assigned. A parent/legal guardian is required to attend the entire first day of Low Ropes and will be expected to participate in the activities and reflections during the day.
- In this program we will engage in fun and challenging activities that will involve the entire group with opportunities for meaningful parent and student interaction. Throughout the day we will participate in activities and challenges that will create unique opportunities for the group to learn about themselves and each other. We will possibly explore topics such as; self-awareness, servant leadership, effective communication, positive decision making, resiliency, impulse control, goal setting, and creating success plans. This will be an opportunity to establish common ground and build stronger bonds with your child that could help you to better support them as they navigate through their learning years.
*** STUDENT ELIGIBILITY***
- Students are assigned number of days at FHCL and eligibility status by Student Affairs prior to arriving at Ferndell. FHCL Campus staff and Ropes facilitators have no input in which students are eligible for early release options and which are not. Please verify this information with Student Affairs or your child's home campus prior to signing up for the Parent/Ropes group.
- It is the parent’s responsibility to verify if the student is eligible for an early release option prior to registering for the Ropes program. Students that are participating in the RISE program that are eligible for early release options will be allowed to participate in the Parent/Student ROPES program to earn 2 days (the one day of Low Ropes included in the R.I.S.E program requirements do not apply to the Parent group guidelines). Students that are not eligible for early release options can participate in the program with their parent/guardian, but WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE THE 2 DAYS OFF OF THEIR ASSIGNED DAYS AT FERNDELL.
- Our program requires a minimum enrollment of at least 5 students and 5 parents per group, therefore some groups are subject to rescheduling or cancellation if we do not have enough participants signed up for the date you selected. You will be notified via email and/or phone the Friday before your scheduled group date. If a group has to be rescheduled and your child will not be able to attend the future date for whatever reason, they will not be eligible to receive the 2 early release days.
- While we appreciate you taking the initiative to participate in the program there is no guarantee that every group will have enough eligible students to conduct a group on your selected date. By signing your student up for the Parent/Student Ropes Program via MySignupGenius, you are stating that you understand the information above and understand that all groups are subject to cancellation or rescheduling which might impact your child’s opportunity to participate and receive 2 days credit toward their days at Ferndell.
- If a group is cancelled for whatever reason, there will not be any special accommodations made for your student to receive the 2 days off. The Ropes program is an enrichment program provided to Ferndell students and may or may not happen during certain circumstances.
- Arrival/Departure time: 9:00am-2:45 pm
- Please DRIVE your student to campus on the date above if possible. Both you and your student will check in at the front office. Parents, you will need your ID.
- Please be sure to arrive by 9:00 a.m. as we will start at 9:30 a.m. This allows for you and your student to get checked in and complete permission forms, so we can start on time.
- You and your student will be with the Ropes program until the end of 5th period. If you would like to sign your student out at this time, you may take them home with you, as this has been approved by the administration. They will get full credit for the school day.
- NO JEWELRY -- including watches, rings, necklaces, bracelets, and earrings bigger than studs.
- Hair -- long hair should be tied back.
- Students must wear the Ferndell Henry school uniform and will go through regular check-in upon arrival. They can wear a plain black sweatshirt over their polo.
- Parents should wear comfortable clothing with tennis shoes (athletic footwear). NO SANDALS, HEELS, FLATS, or FLIP FLOPS MAY BE WORN.
- Again, please dress for the weather as we may go outside. Sunscreen should be worn by participants as needed (strongly suggested for the second day which may be a climbing day).
- HIGHLY RECCOMEND THAT EACH PARTICIPANT BRING THEIR OWN FOOD AND DRINKS FOR LUNCH (for both student and parent). We will make arrangements for lunch to be available for purchase in the cafeteria if necessary, but please let us know ahead of time. Please bring cash if you are planning to purchase food from the cafeteria. We will eat lunch in the ROPES room together.
- Due to space limitations, we are able to accept ONE parent/legal guardian per student. There may be times that we have room to accept a second parent/legal guardian.
- No childcare will be provided at Ferndell for young children. If you have a young child, they will not be allowed in the building. Only one parent and the student will be permitted in the building for ROPES.
FHCL Ropes Facilitator: Brenda Olsen
Admin Department: SEL & Enrichment Programs
Please be sure to sign-up for dates that your student will be enrolled at Ferndell. Parents are only required to attend the first day of Low Ropes.
- 2021-2022 Dates TBD
MIDDLE SCHOOL Student/Parent 2021-2022
Please be sure to sign-up for dates that your student will still be enrolled at Ferndell. Parents are only required to attend the first day of Low Ropes.
- 2021-2022 Dates TBD