Phone: (281) 634-2292
Degrees and Certifications:
• EC-12 Special Education • ESL • M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction • B.Sc. in Professional Writing • First Aid/CPR/AED (Adult & Child) - American Red Cross • Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI)
Mr. Eno Usanga
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn" - Benjamin Franklin.
My name is Eno Usanga. I graduated from University of Houston with a B.Sc. in Professional Writing and M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction. I started teaching Special Education in August 2006. I have previously taught Functional English, Science, Math, Social Studies and Vocational Skills in self-contained classrooms. Currently, I teach mainly English & Reading, along with General Employability Skills, MAPS, Making Connections, Speech and Health.
All my high school teaching career has been in Special Education and at FBISD. I enjoy the challenge of making my students become the best they can be. With my teaching certification and completion of an intensive program at the Behavior Teaching and Training Center (BTTC) in Rosenberg, Texas, I feel more equipped to help manage the behaviors associated with some of my students.
For me, teaching is more than a job. It is a passion. Each day I come to work my students put a smile on my face and that means the world to me. My main goal in my classroom is to help my students be as independent as can be by improving their self-help skills. If you visit my classroom you could see me teaching my students how to tie shoe laces, hang a shirt on a hanger, pay for their food at a restaurant, learn the concept of "more" and "less" with money, button a shirt correctly or wash hands with soap and water. The littlest things that most people wouldn't even think of as being significant.
- 1st Period: English
- 2nd Period: Vocational Skills/Occupational Exploration
- 3rd Period: Vocational Skills/Occupational Exploration/Communications Applications
- 4th Period: Conference
- 5th Period: Vocational Skills/Occupational Exploration/Communications Applications
- 6th Period: English
- 7th Period: English/Communications Applications
Teacher Tutorial Schedule
Mondays & Wednesdays3:00-3:20 p.m.