The Student Council, frequently referred to as StuCo, is a student leadership organization that hosts various school-related events and engages in projects around the school to raise awareness for various issues (energy and environment, drugs/alcohol/safety/health, pride and patriotism, teacher/staff appreciation, etc.). We are a member of the Texas Association of Student Councils (TASC) and are assigned to TASC District 13. We currently serve as an officer school (Delegate at Large) within District 13.
The purpose of the Student Council is to provide opportunities for student experience in leadership; to develop and promote good citizenship in the student body; to provide purposeful direction for school activities that promote scholarship, leadership, human relations, character education and cultural values; to assist in school affairs and activities; to assist in the management of school clubs and organizations; and to assist in the management of student concerns.
Major Events & Activities:
- Homecoming spirit, court, and dance
- Holiday Spirit Week
- National Red Ribbon Week
- Class officer and executive board officer elections
- Energy & Environment awareness projects
- Drugs, Alcohol, Safety, and Health awareness projects
- Pride and Patriotism projects
- Community service
- Every other Monday 6:30-7:30 p.m. in the Upstairs Lecture Hall (Room 2220)
- Check the calendar for specific dates.
As part of Clements StuCo, members must exhibit dedication and responsibility and act as school leaders. Council members direct the creation of multiple school-wide activities such as dances, anti-drug campaigns, and service project fundraisers. StuCo is for the most dedicated and virtuous of students.
The School Experience:
Every day at school, students are affected by negative influences. This may include drug usage, bullying, or racial profiling. It is our job to help our fellow students by reducing these stresses and increasing the positive influences. We envision a school where students, teachers, and administrators can work in an environment of cooperation and ease.
Along with enhancing student lives, the Clements StuCo also strives to reach out and help the community. StuCo members are expected not only to be school leaders but also to be community leaders. Clements StuCo has partnered with many volunteer organizations in the past. Members frequently volunteer in community events and experience the selfless feeling of volunteerism.
While being leaders, StuCo is also about being yourself and having fun! We always start meetings with ice-breakers or team competitions to wear off the stress of the day. Furthermore, we host many social events for members throughout the year. To truly be part of StuCo, you must be able to have fun and enjoy!
Documentation of your required points will be due every nine weeks. The number of points required varies each term. You can receive points for:
- wearing your StuCo shirt AT SCHOOL ALL DAY on Mondays (2 points)
- wearing a college shirt AT SCHOOL ALL DAY on Wednesdays (2 points)
- participating in spirit days (3 points)
- attending pep rallies (2 points)
- attending sports games (4 points for all games)
- attending fine arts events (5 points each)
- other opportunities as announced!