Welcome to the Clements High School Attendance Office. Your attendance clerk are Lakeshia Isenhower and Vanessa Kendziora.
All Day Absences
When a student misses one or more days of school due to illness or personal reasons he/she will bring an excuse note to the Attendance Office upon their return to school. Please provide a specific reason for absences. Personal or family emergency is not an excused absence and will be marked unexcused.
1. The absence is excused only if a note is received in the Attendance Office within five (5) days of the student’s return to school.
2. If a note is not received within five (5) days the absence will be coded Unexcused, a discipline consequence can be assessed which could include truancy charges.
3. If a student misses half of a class, they are considered absent for that class.
4. A student who has had surgery or been hospitalized should provide a physician signed release to return to school. The form should contain any restrictions or limitation regarding the student’s physical functioning capacity while in attendance at school.
College visits for juniors and seniors can be excused with appropriate documentation (a note from the college on school letterhead stating the student's name and date of the visit).
Arriving Late to School
1. Students arriving at school after 7:30 should report to the Attendance Office.
2. Students arriving at school after 7:50 have missed half of 1st period will be marked absent for period 1.
3. Students will not be allowed to repeatedly interrupt 1st period class due to their late arrival to school. A student who is repeatedly tardy to period 1 may be subject to truancy consequences.
4. Students arriving 20 minutes late to any class period throughout the day will be counted absent.
Any time a student arrives after 7:30 AM or needs to be picked up/released before 2:45 PM, he/she must visit the Attendance Office to sign in or out. Students must sign in again if returning from an off-campus appointment. Leaving campus without signing out will result in an unexcused absence, even if proper documentation is returned.
Leaving School Early
Students may leave school early for the following reasons:
· Dental or doctor’s appointment
· A reason excused by any of the principals
Absences of 4 consecutive days or more MUST have a doctor's note to be excused. Shorter absences due to illness can be excused by a parent/guardian via a normal excuse note.
Students must adhere to the following procedures:
· The student must present his/her note to the Attendance Office prior to first period. Any student leaving school for any reason must check out at the attendance office or clinic if ill. Failure to do so will result in disciplinary action.
When you know in advance that you will need to be absent, it is to your educational advantage to talk to your teachers and arrange to get your assignments ahead of time. Notes for preplanned absences should be sent to the Assistant Principal at least three school days before the absences occur to determine if the absences will be excused.