Clements High School
Parking Rules and Regulations
All student vehicles parked on school property are required to have a current CHS parking permit attached to the windshield on the passenger side. Vehicles in violation are subject to being booted, ticketed, or towed. The cost for a parking permit is $25.00 (general) or $50 for senior reserved parking. Students must have a valid Texas Drivers License, and be listed as a driver on the proof of insurance in order to purchase a permit. Seniors who do not currently have a car or license but anticipate driving during the school year may purchase a permit that will be held at the school until the student meets the above requirements. There will be no refunds for permits purchased on hold.
Violations of the following rules will subject you to disciplinary action, parking citations, and/or loss of your parking permit for this year and next year.
1. Permit must be clearly visible and permanently attached to the bottom right (passenger) side of the front windshield.
2. Students may not obtain a permit for another student.
3. Parking permits are not transferable. No sharing of permit is allowed.
4. Parking is only permitted in the area designated by the permit.
5. If the registered vehicle is involved in an accident, stolen, or sold, a replacement permit must be purchased and a new application must be filled out. If the old permit is returned in identifiable condition, the replacement cost is $5.00. If the old permit is not returned or is unidentifiable, the replacement cost is $25.00.
6. If for any reason you drive a vehicle other than the one registered, you must inform Mr. Morgante/Mrs. Lavine’s office of the change upon your arrival to school to receive a temporary permit.
7. Students must get out of their vehicle and leave the parking lot immediately upon arrival to school. Loitering in or around any vehicle is not permitted.
8. Drivers may not allow anyone to sit on or hold onto their vehicle while it is in motion.
9. The parking lot speed limit is 15 mph. Students must obey all traffic signs and directions from the parking attendant and FBISD Police.
10. Students may not leave campus during the normal school day without permission from the proper authority (assistant principal, school nurse, or attendance office). This rule applies to passengers as well as drivers.
11. If your driving to school causes a discipline problem, you will automatically forfeit the privilege to drive your vehicle to school.
12. Violations of parking rules will result in a $40 school citation. If this fine is not paid, the student will lose all parking privileges and be placed on the NOT CLEAR list. Unpaid fines may also result in the car being booted and a $100 fee charged to remove the boot, or the vehicle being towed at the owner’s expense.
13. If any school or law enforcement official has reason to believe that a vehicle may contain any element of criminal activity, the student will be asked to consent to a search of the vehicle. Failure to comply will result in immediate suspension of the student’s parking privileges.
14. C-Lot (Parking spaces in the bus ramp) Rules
a. To purchase a C-Lot permit, you must be a senior with “off-Campus” as your 1st and 7th classes.
b. If you have a C-Lot permit, you must arrive after 8am and leave before 2pm every day; students with C-Lot permits may park in the B-lot on the days they must arrive early or stay late.
c. Failure to comply with the C-Lot rules will result in a $40 fine for the first offense. Repeated offenses will result in revocation of the C-Lot permit.