Our office is now paperless! Please email ALL attendance notes to attendanceDHS@fortbendisd.com
Example: scan or take a picture of the excuse note and email it to us.
*If your student has been marked absent in error, please contact your child's teacher.*
Arriving Late to School
- Students arriving between 7:30 and 7:49 should report to the Attendance Office for a tardy pass.
- Students arriving at/after 7:50 must sign in attendance office and will be marked absent.
- Students will not be allowed to repeatedly interrupt 1st period class due to their late arrival to school and may be subject to truancy consequences.
Leaving School Early
Students may leave school early for the following reasons:(LAST PICK-UP 2:30) Parents must always show proof of ID when picking up a student, no exceptions!
- Dental or doctor’s appointment
- A reason excused by any of the principals
- The student must present his/her note to the Attendance Office prior to first period.
- Any student driver leaving school for any reason must check out at the attendance office or through the clinic, if ill. Failure to do so will result in disciplinary action.
All Day Absences
1. An absence is excused only if a note is received in the Attendance Office within five (5) days of the student’s return to school.
3. If a note is not received within five (5) days, the absence will be coded Unexcused. A discipline consequence may be assessed, which could include truancy charges.
2. If a student is absent for more than three consecutive days, a doctor's note must be emailed to excuse the additional days.
4. A student who has had surgery or been hospitalized should provide a physician's signed release to return to school.
The form should contain any restrictions or limitations regarding the student’s physical functioning capacity while in attendance at school.
Excuse Notes Must Include
- Full name
- Student ID
- Grade Level
- Date(s) of Absence
- Reason for Absence
- Parent contact info and signature
Attendance Office Staff:*Attendance VestibuleMain Phone Number281-634-6741Adriana VasquezAlpha Split: A-LPhone: 281-634-5698Fax: 281-327-5698Lorena AlvaradoAlpha Split: M-ZPhone: 281-634-5619Fax: 281-327-5698Robin BillingsleyTruancy Questions/ConcernsPhone 281-327-7412